[Help Me!] Access WebMP over the Internet (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I just tried to make WebMP available over the internet, but had no luck :(
    What i did:
    - turned the Windows Firewall off (nothing else like AntiVirus or so is installed)
    - added a port forwarding in the Router: from Port 8080 to 8080 and I also tried from 80 to 8080 on IP 192.168.178.67

I'm using IIS Express.

WebMP is accessible through the local LAN, if I type 192.168.178.67:8080 in the address line of my browser I get WebMP, but If I type: myPublicIP:8080 I just get
    Der Server unter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx braucht zu lange, um eine Antwort zu senden.
    translated:
    The Server with the IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx needs to long to send an answer.

I don't know much about IIS, I always used Apache oO I guess I have to configure there something oO
    Any ideas?!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think your setup is fine. Which MPExtended version do you use? With versions before 0.4.2 setups like this don't work. For streaming you'll also need to use the proxied streaming mode (configurable on settings tab).

Port forwarding only works for incoming connections. This means that you cannot use your public IP when you are on your own network, you should use your internal IP address there. So if you test it from your own computer, that doesn't work: you really need to test it from another network.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey,

thanks for the answer^^ I'm using 0.4.3 (updated from 0.4.1 to 0.4.3)
    hmm it should also work from the internal network... anyway I tried it from the university network and it doesn't work either >_>
    Maybe it's because I installed Freetz on my FritzBox and now there is something faulty oO Strange...

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    just needed to open port 8080 on my router (and/or windows firewall inbound and outbound) and its all working

go to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and put in 8080 to see if your 8080 is open or closed

then from outside the network use : http://mypublicip:8080

EDIT: i have a stupid router and it requires upnp for anything local to be accessed from the internet.. just a heads up that needs to be active on your router possibly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom