1.14.0 ACTION_EJECTCD doesn't work (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When the drawer is fully open (takes about 2.5 seconds from selecting "Eject"), the focus moves to the first folder in the list, and the red circle appears, remains for about 0.5 seconds, and then disappears.
    That is exactly what I wrote: MP analyses the content of the DVD, and at the same time it displays the circle, finds out that the file is not in the database for play count data and removes the circle. As the access to a DVD is a bit longer than to a file on a HDD, you see this effect. Nothing I can do in skin ;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Unless you know what element it is that is flashing, it's a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    The important aspect of this thread is that the EJECT button should work, which it now does! (y)

The momentary appearance of the red circle is a minor nit, and does not affect the action of EJECT. I reported it because I notice everything. But I am sure that there are more important things for you and Catavolt to be spending your time on. If the cause of the problem is not obvious, please don't feel obligated to spend any more time to trying to locate it!

-- from Cyber "Eagle Eyes" Simian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ideally that kind of functionality should be provided by MPTray so that it still works when MP is not running. Though MP itself should at least make sure it unlocks the drive if needed.
    I have myself implemented the optical drive eject functionality in SharpDisplayManager which I'm using as my HTPC service.
    Source code is available on slions.net, look for the function named HandleEject.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ideally that kind of functionality should be provided by MPTray so that it still works when MP is not running.
    Yeah, that's a good idea. (y)
    For the purposes of this thread and JIRA I was restricting myself to fixing existing broken functions. However feel free to start a new JIRA + branch for that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom