Activemovie Window on IBM Notebook (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1:
MediaPortal Version 1.0.1:
MediaPortal Skin blue3:
Windows Version XP Sp3:
CPU Type Pentium:
HDD 40 GB:
Memory 1GB:
Motherboard IBM Thnkpad T40p:
Video Card ATI MOBILE FIRE GL 9000 :
Video Card Driver ATI 6.14.10:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card no TV Card -> works as TV Client:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello *,

after updating to MP 1.0.1 the TV gets a additional window called ACTIVEMOVIE WINODW in which TV is shown. I found in dxdiag that there is directx 9.0c installed and there are no problems. In dxdiag I run through all the tests without any problems.

Also with MP 1.0.0 there have been no problems. Cann't belive that there was such a big change between both versions...

Please find attached the MP logs,

ramu

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
As I said in your previous posting your graphics chip is not DX9 compliant - it will not work. I have also a ATI 9250 chip in my other PC with the same problem. Your only solution is to use 1.0 or a SVN prior to 21720 - otherwise you need to buy a new computer - cause it is difficult to change gfx in a notebook.... sorry.

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
So there was a change in the grafik system from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1? Do you know what exactly was changed?

If You mean by dx9 the same as directx9 I'm wonderung why in dxdiag there is the information that directx9.0c is installed.

And what about changing to EVR rendering. Does that save my old computers?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One of the other things to take into account is, MP needs to be updated against the latest directx and .net, this may break things for users with older hardware, but we are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, we cannot stay static.

We have always stated as part of the requirements for running MP, that a directx9 compliant card was needed, this includes all Nvidia FX5200 and ATI 9550 or newer.

People have had MP running on lesser spec systems, but that's more down to luck than MP supporting it.

:sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom