[Finished] Add dialog for plugins (OV, Webradio..) that ask about concurrent playback (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    If I have local media or LiveTV playing and then wanna start Webradio/OV stream the current stream stops and the plugin stream starts. Therefore it is not possible to have local media streams and plugin streams playing concurrently in multiple players.
    Would be great if it is possible to achieve that plugins will act like local media playback.
    Thanks! :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have something to test just tell. :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is easy to change the line that starts playback, but the problem is how handle this feature correctly.

If I tell OV to start playing its videos concurrently -> they will always do so, meaning even when one OV vid is playing it will start the second one in the second player instance. This is not what you'd want.
    I also dont want a dialog always asking me if I want to play concurrent or not.

So what would be the best way @Holzi ? What is the intended use case?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is the intended use case?

The intended use case is to play a OV stream and a Webradio stream concurrently for example. :) Thats not possible atm. Same goes for LiveTV & OV or LiveTV & Webradio.

I also dont want a dialog always asking me if I want to play concurrent or not.
    I understand this. But I think it is that way if you want to play local media.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, how about a middle way: (if I can get it to work)
    If there is already a player with Online Video active, I'll stop that one and start playback of the newly selected Online Video. In any other case I start playback concurrent, meaning when TV or Radio/WebStream or LocalVideo is running it will keep playing?

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use the method "PlayItemsModel.CheckQueryPlayAction(MediaItem)", which checks player state, resume handling etc.

This is the default method from MediaLibrary. For TV I cannot use it directly, because I need to switch channels differently.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also would prefer a consistent user experience not matter if I start 2 videos in OV or 2 in movies. Nevertheless I understand your opinion. Would it be possible to make that configurable based on the MediaAspects or plugin or....

If not, no big deal. I'll have not strong opinion about it ;)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, how about a middle way: (if I can get it to work)
    If there is already a player with Online Video active, I'll stop that one and start playback of the newly selected Online Video. In any other case I start playback concurrent, meaning when TV or Radio/WebStream or LocalVideo is running it will keep playing?

I think this is a good approach, although it is not consistent with video playback as chefkoch mentioned.
    And does this have to be added by every single plugin (e.g. WebRadio too) individually or could this behaviour changed in MP2 core?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be a Onlinevideos specific behaviour (simply due to the fact that the video content is streamed and streaming two video at the same time could easily saturate your connection or not be allowed by the server).

And to go further it could be made an OV setting, so you can configure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom