Add radio channels from SiriusXM radio via RCA inputs on Hauppauge hardware? (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does anyone know if it is possible to capture audio output *without video* and playback within MediaPortal?

The reason I ask is that it appears there are no longer any applications out there that still work to log into your SiriusXM account, and 're-stream' the channels locally off your PC.

I'm debating on using my old XM radio and plugging it into an audio input on a HVR-1600 or something along those lines and then using the IRSS plugin to change the channel on the radio.

Should I even give this a shot, or will I run into issues trying to playback an MPEG2/4 stream in MediaPortal that has no video? I'm willing to deal with the channels showing under TV channels or Radio channels - doesn't really matter to me, honestly.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does anyone know if it is possible to capture audio output *without video* and playback within MediaPortal?
    It should be... but I think it depends on the card. For example, I don't think HD-PVR or Colossus support audio-only capture.

I'm debating on using my old XM radio and plugging it into an audio input on a PVR-150 or something along those lines and then using the IRSS plugin to change the channel on the radio.
    Yeah, I think that should work. Just keep in mind the limitations of the PVR-* series. They can't handle memory >= 4GB.
    From Hauppauge's website:
    Note: This driver can be used with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    Note: This driver can be used in a 32bit or 64bit system with less than 4gigs of ram

Should I even give this a shot, or will I run into issues trying to playback an MPEG2/4 stream in MediaPortal that has no video?
    By all means - give it a shot if you want and have time. I assume you'll have to create all your channels manually... but start with one or two and see how it goes. Let me know if you need assistance with that bit. I'll be interested to know the outcome. :)

I'm willing to deal with the channels showing under TV channels or Radio channels - doesn't really matter to me, honestly.
    The channels will show as radio if you create them as radio. One of the things I'll be interested to see is whether it will be possible to blast with a radio channel. I've never heard of anybody trying that before.

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah, I edited my post to a hvr-1600. I'm curious.... I may try this out later this week if I can find a power supply for old car portable radio. I'll do a little googling on the hvr-1600 in the meantime. I'm pretty sure i have one of those hanging out the basement too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom