1.29.0 Add Set watched status in TV/Radio recorded (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

Because we already have "Reset watched status" in TV Recorded :

zz1.png

I need to also have "Set watched status" in TV Recorded :

zz2.png

Also, even if I don't use it, for consistency, I made same modifications in Radio Recorded.

If you want, you can test changes with attached TvPlugin.dll

If you think it is a good improvement for next release, please tell me and, I will give cleaned code for that.

Attachments

• TvPlugin.rar
      162.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you think it is a good improvement for next release, please tell me and, I will give cleaned code for that.
    "Videos" has both "Set watched status" and "Reset watched status", so it seems inconsistent for "Recorded TV" to have only "Reset watched status". So I approve this change. (y)

Thank you for also making this change to "Recorded Radio" (which is usually forgotten, but I record a lot of DVB-T radio). For skin authors, I would point out that "Set/Reset watched status" is a bit weird for a radio recording, so I would suggest changing the text strings in the English language files to use the word "played" instead of "watched", as "played" is valid for both TV and radio recordings (this is what I have done in my customised skin). This distinction may not be relevant for other languages.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    so I would suggest changing the text strings in the English language files to use the word "played" instead of "watched", as "played" is valid for both TV and radio recordings (this is what I have done in my customised skin). This distinction may not be relevant for other languages.
    Well, why not ?
    In this case, change these strings :

XML:
    830    <String id="830">Reset watched status</String>

1260    <String id="1260">Set watched status</String>

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    At least, when we have (normal because pre/post recordings) overlaps with recorded TV episodes, we know where we are with watched/not watched status, with this.
    I know that I have to resume with episode 6 where, it was not the case if we didn't go at the end of the file, before ....

zz1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom