[Music] Adding Composer to the Music DB (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Now that 1.0.2 is out, i'm starting to extend the music database.

will add Composer and Conductor, and maybe other tags fields, that are worth to be searched for.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now that 1.0.2 is out, i'm starting to extend the music database.

will add Composer and Conductor, and maybe other tags fields, that are worth to be searched for.

While you are under the hood could you please add one extra little thing which would be godsend for me?

A field in the database which is stores when the track was first added to the database would be fantastic. If this could be exposed to the views it would allow sorting based on how long the music has been in the system and things like latest 10 albums.

Presumably the actual field could be added without any coding as you would just need to add the column to the database and set it with a default value of the current date (I am 99% this is possible with SQLite). Not sure how you then expose to the view but this would be the final thing to make MP my dream setup :D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This field already exists as dateAdded and is filled automaticaly by a database trigger, when the song is inserted.

in addtion to that there's already a default view named "recently added" with a restriction of 7, which shows all songs added in the last 7 days.
    does this fulfill your needs?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This field already exists as dateAdded and is filled automaticaly by a database trigger, when the song is inserted.

in addtion to that there's already a default view named "recently added" with a restriction of 7, which shows all songs added in the last 7 days.
    Not sure now.... I am sure there was a reason why this did not work for me???

I have a feeling it was because you either could not add this as a view column or you could not sort by it? I will check when I get home tonght but could just be me being stupid :(

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Changes are completed.
    2 new fields added for Composer and Cnductor.
    Tagreader reads those fields and populates the database.

Both Composer and Conductor can be used to build Views. I have not included default Views fo that, since the majority of the user won't need it.
    I'm sure, you guys don't need any help anyhow to create a view.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Not sure now.... I am sure there was a reason why this did not work for me???

I have a feeling it was because you either could not add this as a view column or you could not sort by it? I will check when I get home tonght but could just be me being stupid :(
    Got home and looked but I am not clear what is what any more...

The recently added view is based on a recently added flag?
    Is the Date field in the sort column the dateAdded database field or is it not there?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    nope, recently added view is based on a date.
    whenever a song is inserted the first time, i'm adding the timestamp.

the restriction "7" in the recently added view mean it lists all songs whose insert date is Current Date - 7 days.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    nope, recently added view is based on a date.
    whenever a song is inserted the first time, i'm adding the timestamp.

the restriction "7" in the recently added view mean it lists all songs whose insert date is Current Date - 7 days.

So if I wanted to list all albums added in the last three months I can not see a way to do this. I can not add a sort on this column can I ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom