[Videos] Adding madVR support (2 Viewers)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    :D:D:D

Because I really dont know anything about madVR or EVR code of Mp or managed code of directshowhelper, which controls
    EVR I just mad a little test. Changed madVR to graph instead of our custom EVR. And Because I know nothing, It might be stupid thing to do. Tested in dev pc which has wrong refresh rate ie 60 instead of 50Hz.

And I dont know If madVR is doing it's fancy things it is supposed to do.

GUI works, playback works. Image attached.

Forgive me, for sticking my nose here, That I know nothing :p

Br,

Attachments

• madvr.jpg
      madvr.jpg
      241.8 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

That screen shot looks like MP's custom EVR renderer is used (madVR has quite different looking stats :)).

MediaPortal wont be able to mix the video content to it's GUI unless the renderer directly calls to the custom interface.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

That screen shot looks like MP's custom EVR renderer is used (madVR has quite different looking stats :)).

MediaPortal wont be able to mix the video content to it's GUI unless the renderer directly calls to the custom interface.

yep, And subtitles are not working....:)
    Aren't thos stats goming from directshowhelper, which is still in use. I did not thouch that..

Attachments

• Hmm.jpg
      Hmm.jpg
      130 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi all,

Im following this thread with much much interest. :)
    IF it goes well: Does madVR in MP also mean the rendering is the same between XP/Vista/w7? I would welcome this fact alone.

Its a bit quite here now, but I hope discussions around this topic are still ongoing. Here or in an other forum doesnt matter to me. :) Please keep in mind that even if this turns out not an option for MP1, it could still be considdered for MP2 deveopment. :)

Regards!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Aren't thos stats goming from directshowhelper, which is still in use. I did not thouch that..

It shouldn't be used - dshowhelper.dll is EVR presenter + few other things. Renderer itself is rendering the stats to the video frame.

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    Another problem it that madVR doesn't support any king of HW acceleretion (DxVA), even HW deinterlacing is not possible = very bad for interlaced TV source.

Im using madVR 0.74 and DXVA + HW deinterlacing + subtitles works just fine in MPC-HC and PotPlayer? Seems this changed very recently. [EDIT: DXVA works only in potPlayer, MPC-HC uses Cuda via CoreCodec 3.01]

The main advantage of madVR is proper GPU accelerated scaling and video calibration support, paired with the ability to fix the annoying colorspace/level output problems at the end of the video chain.
    If i use manVR set to correct TV output, than it don't matter what player i use i always get the correct btb/wtw/gamma outputs, while if i use EVR or VMR9 it is player dependent if those are correct.

Atm i still cant get MP to correctly convert the output to my Plasmas levels, since i cant configure them in MP at all. While using madVR i can test and manipulate those.

I read all the concerns and problems regarding madVR support, but the reality remains that id rather use madVR + the external player option than MP + EVR. This ofc is kinda sad, since i loose a lot of the "comfort" of MP. Regarding controls and gui while watching a movie, i simply don't need them. A simply seekbar like MPC-HC uses with the exclusive madVR mode is all i need, if i don't have to worry about all the other problems and get proper scaling.

So why not allow simply madVR support, like u allow a external player? I don't care if i loose some gui, but its still better than starting an external player or use the "problematic" MP + EVR in my setup.

bye Andy

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Im using madVR 0.74 and DXVA...

No, you are not.
    DXVA/HW deinterlacing does not working with madVR (and i doubt it will ever be).

known problems / limitations:

- DVD playback with navigation/menu currently only works in XP, but not in newer OSs
    - hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA) is currently not supported
    - hardware accelerated deinterlacing (DXVA) is currently not supported

- no manual color controls (brightness, contrast, saturation, hue)

You can only use CUDA or Cyberlink HAM decoder to have HW acceleration with madVR.
    We need to wait until nev add DXVA2.0 support to his LAV video decoder :)

Andy22

Portal Member
    September 10, 2011
    Im using madVR 0.74 and DXVA...

No, you are not.
    DXVA/HW deinterlacing does not working with madVR (and i doubt it ever will).

So u know my playback setup without even asking "how" i got it to work, thx for simply assuming i'm an idiot.

Configuring PotPlayer for GPU-accelerated video playback with DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA), Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) or high-performance software decoding

Use madVR in all playback scenarios. No more being shackled to certain renderers like VMR9 renderless or EVR custom presenter for DXVA. No more compromise with image quality.
    Be able to use DXVA renderless method even with madVR. You cannot do that with MPC-HC. Intel, ATI and nVidia GPUs are supported. CUDA decoding method are also supported in this page of course.
    Not only that you can use DXVA with madVR, post-processing methods like deinterlacing and deband also works here, with ffdshow raw video filter."

I have the DXVA setup running without a problem and yes i can easily spot if DXVA and madVR is used. I get the madVR tray icon and my Atom CPU is not capable of decoding 1080p h264 in the CPU and no CUDA/LAVCUVID is also not used since i can check the filtergraph in potplayer.

bye Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom