Adding new movie manualy (1 Viewer)

efla

Portal Pro
September 6, 2007
Hello,

Is ti possible to add new movies to the DB without having the need of inserting physically the DVD into the drive ?

I would like to add my huge DVD collection, simply by key in the movie tittle, w/o being obliged to insert all DVD's

RaGeFeAr

Portal Member
October 7, 2009
United States of America United States of America
this is exactly what I am looking to do as well. With more than 200 movies, it would be a real pain to have to put the disc in each time I wanted to add a movie. Between that and Moving Pictures telling me where it is located (the bulk CD cases, or which closet, and so on) this would be great.

Also an ability to add search by genre or actor and such would be amazing! :D

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Denmark Denmark
well, you could just create dummy-files for all the movies. Make a small video-clip with just the text "look in your DVD-cabinet" for a couple of seconds.
Put it in a folder called "Dummy DVD-movies" and add this folder to the importer of Moving Pictures. Then name the clip "The Dark Knight (2009).mpg", make a copy, name it "Public Enemies (2009)", copy it... repeat, repeat, repeat.

It is a bit tedious, but it would get the job done. I don't know if it is somehow possible, with the new features, to somehow show within MP-gui that the movies is located within "Dummy DVD-movies"-folder, so you would know to find it, before you actually press play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DHosein Adding Custom Artwork? My TVSeries 3
raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 2
Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
BrownGhost MP-TVSeries, Failed to save xml to cache, and not adding any info to tvseries from tvdb My TVSeries 4
G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
Neoculture "Recently Added" option My TVSeries 8
doskabouter No guide info added due to a MYSQL deadlock Electronic Program Guide 1
morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 31
Hawkeye Changes to last added view Feature Requests 0
P Media portal not adding all TV series General 2
toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
tano_grasa Movie cover not showing when starting a movie aMPed 0
R [further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds Submit: Bug Reports 9
J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
N [solved] Movies starten nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 16
J How to save recorded Movies and TV Series to sub-folders? Newcomers Forum 1
S Movie navigation issues in MP2 General 8
D media portal 2.2 have movies shown on genre not name General 6