Adding new movie manualy

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by efla, October 28, 2009.

1. efla

efla Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello,

Is ti possible to add new movies to the DB without having the need of inserting physically the DVD into the drive ?

I would like to add my huge DVD collection, simply by key in the movie tittle, w/o being obliged to insert all DVD's

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fforde

fforde Community Plugin Dev

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,696 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for the very late reply but no, this is not currently possible. In the future we plan to add support via UPC scanning of DVD barcodes, as well as bulk importation based on some sort of text file with a list of movies.

4. RaGeFeAr

RaGeFeAr Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    this is exactly what I am looking to do as well. With more than 200 movies, it would be a real pain to have to put the disc in each time I wanted to add a movie. Between that and Moving Pictures telling me where it is located (the bulk CD cases, or which closet, and so on) this would be great.

Also an ability to add search by genre or actor and such would be amazing! :D

5. jonaskp

jonaskp Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    well, you could just create dummy-files for all the movies. Make a small video-clip with just the text "look in your DVD-cabinet" for a couple of seconds.
    Put it in a folder called "Dummy DVD-movies" and add this folder to the importer of Moving Pictures. Then name the clip "The Dark Knight (2009).mpg", make a copy, name it "Public Enemies (2009)", copy it... repeat, repeat, repeat.

It is a bit tedious, but it would get the job done. I don't know if it is somehow possible, with the new features, to somehow show within MP-gui that the movies is located within "Dummy DVD-movies"-folder, so you would know to find it, before you actually press play.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!