Adding new movie manualy (1 Viewer)

efla

Portal Pro
September 6, 2007
Hello,

Is ti possible to add new movies to the DB without having the need of inserting physically the DVD into the drive ?

I would like to add my huge DVD collection, simply by key in the movie tittle, w/o being obliged to insert all DVD's

RaGeFeAr

Portal Member
October 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this is exactly what I am looking to do as well. With more than 200 movies, it would be a real pain to have to put the disc in each time I wanted to add a movie. Between that and Moving Pictures telling me where it is located (the bulk CD cases, or which closet, and so on) this would be great.

Also an ability to add search by genre or actor and such would be amazing! :D

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
well, you could just create dummy-files for all the movies. Make a small video-clip with just the text "look in your DVD-cabinet" for a couple of seconds.
Put it in a folder called "Dummy DVD-movies" and add this folder to the importer of Moving Pictures. Then name the clip "The Dark Knight (2009).mpg", make a copy, name it "Public Enemies (2009)", copy it... repeat, repeat, repeat.

It is a bit tedious, but it would get the job done. I don't know if it is somehow possible, with the new features, to somehow show within MP-gui that the movies is located within "Dummy DVD-movies"-folder, so you would know to find it, before you actually press play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom