Adding support for fanart.jpg as well as folder.jpg (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This would mean that when browsing shares, the background would change when you select a folder, a movie an album etc. A setting in configuration "use fanart.jpg" would turn this on/off.

Emph

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Every movie is in it's own folder
    For 'Normal' video files or ISO files, nfo file names can use either folder name OR file name without stack extension.

DVD or Blu-Ray files must use folder name for nfo file without stack extensions (CDn, Partn, [n-n]). Image files (posters, fanart) can use either folder name or you can name them as folder.jpg and fanart.jpg for any file type.

Examples:

File movie file (e.g. .avi, .iso) on HDD DVD/Blu-Ray
    movie D:\Movies\MovieFolder\VideoFilename.avi D:\Movies\DVDFolder\VIDEO_TS\..
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\BDMV\..
    nfo D:\Movies\MovieFolder\MovieFolder.nfo
    OR
    D:\Movies\MovieFolder\VideoFilename.nfo D:\Movies\DVDFolder\DVDFolder.nfo
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\Blu-RayFolder.nfo
    poster D:\Movies\MovieFolder\MovieFolder.jpg
    OR
    D:\Movies\MovieFolder\folder.jpg D:\Movies\DVDFolder\DVDFolder.jpg
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\Blu-RayFolder.jpg
    OR
    D:\Movies\DVDFolder\folder.jpg
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\folder.jpg
    fanart D:\Movies\MovieFolder\MovieFolder-fanart.jpg
    OR
    D:\Movies\MovieFolder\fanart.jpg D:\Movies\DVDFolder\DVDFolder-fanart.jpg
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\Blu-RayFolder-fanart.jpg
    OR
    D:\Movies\DVD Folder\fanart.jpg
    D:\Movies\Blu-RayFolder\fanart.jpg

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Great, let's hope it can be added to music album folders as well.
    Emph

As usual, you have my complete support for this request! ;-) In fact, for example for music, it would be nice to have the background changed according to the band lineup that played in that particular album... ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And for soundtracks, a movie backdrop makes total sense.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    in MP config goto plugins -> MovingPictures and open the config. There you can delete the wanted movies ;)
    I am using MediaPortal 1.30 and Moving Pictures. In fact, I have been using them for so long that my movie list is now... a mess...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom