[solved] Adding TV Series Name to Episode View? (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here I am again ... completely befuddled ... My wife insists it is totally necessary for her to see which Series we are looking at in Episode view. She doesn't like to back out to Season View to see which Series she is looking at. Here is a photoshop mock up of what she wants (adding above the selected labels). I don't know what/where to change to get this.

Thanks again for any help.

new 16-26-03.png

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I can copy code to put the label where I need it ... I just need to know what the label should be to get the Series name and Season to show. And I'd like to change the selected episode label to be more cohesive with the changes. (I faked the labels in the TVSeries.xml to get the screen mock-up)

06-17-46.png.

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    On the example above. I duplicated the Selected Item Label and added visibility values to each so only the Episode view would be effected by the Selected Item Label changes. The added Series Name label is only visible in the Episode view. I haven't fully undersood how and where to make the Label changes, I know there is some association with the TV Series database, but I'm lost there.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just need to know what the label should be to get the Series name and Season to show.
    I have attached my bumper list of built-in skin variables. I generated this list by scanning the MP source files (CS and CPP) looking for the string:
    "#
    Not all hits represent built-in skin variables, and there may be some skin variables which have dynamically-created names, and hence which are missing from this list. Nevertheless, the list is probably a fairly-complete representation of what is available to skin authors. Note however that many skin variables have meaningful values only on certain panels; you have to determine which panels by trial and error.

From the list, there are two skin variables that have "series" in the name, and eleven that have "episode" in the name, but most of these refer to the TV and radio EPGs, so some/most may not be defined on other panels.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Edit: the string I scanned for was actually: "# (not: '# as stated originally).

Attachments

• skin_vars.zip
      3 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I have attached my bumper list of built-in skin variables. I generated this list by scanning the MP source files (CS and CPP) looking for the string:
    "#
    TV Series has it's own unique set of variables, and it's own formulas for combining them ... my head is exploding.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV Series has it's own unique set of variables
    My list of built-in skin variables includes only those defined in the source for the MP product (what you get when you download the MP source zip file). So the list does not include the additional skin variables defined by plug-ins that have their own source distributions. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I made the correct file for you ;)
    Screenshots from my TVSeries "1899"
    See XML in attachment ;)

If you need to change font, look for these 2 entries:
    <control> <description>Selected item Label</description> <type>fadelabel</type> <id>1</id> <posX>0</posX> <posY>142</posY> <width>1920</width> <label>#TVSeries.Title</label> <font>Menutitle</font> <align>center</align> <textcolor>ff6FAFE1</textcolor> <visible>!Control.IsVisible(1239)+facadeview.list</visible> </control> <control> <description>Selected item Label</description> <type>fadelabel</type> <id>1</id> <posX>0</posX> <posY>142</posY> <width>1920</width> <label>#TVSeries.Series.Pretty_Name | #TVSeries.Title</label> <font>Menutitle</font> <align>center</align> <textcolor>ff6FAFE1</textcolor> <visible>Control.IsVisible(1239)+facadeview.list</visible> </control>

12-18-36.jpg 12-18-43.jpg 12-18-50.jpg

Hope this will calm your wife and quit your headaches to enjoy Advent and Xmas time :whistle::coffee: :cool: :p

Attachments

• TVSeries.xml
      22.3 KB
    Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Was exactly what I wanted ;) and was the breakthrough I needed (y). A couple tweaks, and a wild guess to get the Episode index.

Thank You so very much!!!

final 06-01-58.png and 06-40-32.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom