Additional duplicate freeview channels suddenly picked up (1 Viewer)

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.

This fix works for me too with 1.3 final, thanks very much Owlsroost!

Cheers
    Si

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This fix is not neccesarily fixing LCN's being 10000. It all depends on your network if you will see (and ever had) the correct LCN's. I know of at least one satellite where the LCN's will not be picked up by us because the location is not yet supported. This fix just fixes that if our code should pickup the LCN that it correctly does.

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Rik. Up to doing a retune today I had full channel numbers for the 28.2E satellite.

Fortunately I had exported all channel settings so I was able to reimport, but I found it odd.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @riksmith

OK, could you the start a new thread for your scenario? If possible i would like to have logs from a working version of MP, logs of the current MP version (with new TsWriter) and a TSDump from a transponder where you used to have channels with an LCN. See: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/4_Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps

I will do. I cannot do it today or tomorrow, but should have the opportunity to do it on Tuesday. Apologies for this delay, unfortunately work gets in the way,

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does this fix only work for DVB-T? I have done a full rescan on DVB-S/S2 and every channel is shown as 10000. :(

The LCN's aren't transmitted via dvb-s, the issue you are having is the old system used to set the lcn to 10000 to let the TV Library know there isn't an LCN for this channel. It then created one which was incremental from the database. Since the location has been changed for this data nothing was done about the incremental update.

It needs to be logged as a bug.

If you can post this issue in the bug section with your logs it will be looked at and fixed.

edit: Are you scanning and getting 10000 numbers or just on importing?

Last edited:

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am sorry, but have you read my previous response to this report(and the other threads concerning this)? And what bug needs to be logged? There has no bug been indentified yet in this report (if there will even be one) because we are missing vital info (which i already requested).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom