Adult content on trakt.tv (1 Viewer)

no1bossman

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Been using Trakt since 2011. Never logged into my account till today. I was very surprised to find the data being recorded :) Anyway I occasionally have to manually manage movies from directly from the plugin for Moving Pictures. To be honest it's very rare & it's only usually for adult-type material. Trakt doesn't seem to record the importation of these movies. Is there a way to get around this? Cheers.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Been using Trakt since 2011. Never logged into my account till today. I was very surprised to find the data being recorded :) Anyway I occasionally have to manually manage movies from directly from the plugin for Moving Pictures. To be honest it's very rare & it's only usually for adult-type material. Trakt doesn't seem to record the importation of these movies. Is there a way to get around this? Cheers.
    trakt.tv does not support adult content, if you have adult content then I suggest using trakt plugin configuration dialog to block that content from sync otherwise it will always try to sync it to trakt because it never exists online.

Other than that, trakt.tv support import of any other movie that is available from http://themoviedb.org.

Last edited:

no1bossman

Portal Member
    April 30, 2009
    Home Country
    OK. I only ask because adult content I'm talking about is X rated. A lot of them have been successfully processed by Trakt. I can provide examples but would rather not due the rules on this forum, I can only assume would frown upon that?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not really up to trakt plugin as to what movies are supported. I would assume that if the adult movie is listed on trakt.tv website then it is supported by the plugin, if the adult movie is not listed on trakt.tv website then it is not supported.

If the movie is listed on trakt.tv website and is not processed by trakt plugin then there might be a trakt or trakt plugin or moving pictures or moving pictures scraper problem

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    trakt.tv movies are scraped from themoviedb.org, if an X-Rated movie appears on the trakt.tv website then yes it is possible it will sync across from the plugin. Usually this might occur if a user adds a new movie to themoviedb.org but doesn't flag it as 'Adult'.

If you see a movie that is an adult movie and is not marked as such on themoviedb.org then you can fix that yourself, the trakt.tv website will remove it on next sync and if not then the problem can easily be reported on their support site so the admins can remove it.

It's never going to be 100% perfect but pretty damn close as we are not simply syncing everything the user has but only what are 'movies' as defined by themoviedb.org. Unfortunately there are still people that think tvshows are movies, they really deserve a slap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom