Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v2.0.7 (1 Viewer)

xcfalcon351

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Forrestfield, WA
Home Country
Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v1.0.1

OK so I've renamed my collection to see how it went and for the most part it was a lot better. About 40% auto completed and another 30% could be found in drop down boxes.
About 10% of what I have isn't listed on CDUniverse.
The 2 main issues I can see that are stopping the remaining 20% being identified are;

1. Scraper has trouble with sequels...not sure if you can do anything about this or if it is a limitation within Moving Pictures only allowing 10 options in the drop down box.
2. Scraper does not seem to pickup titles that are tagged as V.O.D. only on the site.

Hopefully this feedback is useful to you for further development.
Keep up the good work.:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v1.0.1

Ok, with the help of an awesome scraper developer, I found a way to use the foldername if the title does not get any results. This now generates a lot more positive results on your collection, which I recreated with dummy files based on your output. But you still have a ton of files that fail, simply because their name is totally confusing and would require full blown artificial intelligence to make a match.

I've also added support for Blu-Ray while I was at it and the scraper not only uses better search options, but also obtains 20 results (instead of 10), which should fix the problem of those missing titles when a manual search worked. However the only way you will get auto-approval to work is to place this scraper at the top, and possibly disable the imdb.com scraper to avoid conflicting results that prevent an auto-approval.

I would suggest you take the time to really rename your collection properly, so that it will import without a problem. The cryptic acronym based filenames are not a problem anymore, they will end up failing to get a match and then the foldername will be used. But titles such as "c...... #6 05.mpg" make it hard to match, because the search engine thinks it is part 5 instead of 6. So stick to the '#6a/b/c/etc' naming scheme for those. The same goes for all the (....) and [....] additions that I saw on a lot of your filenames without a space to seperate them, you would have to either rename those files (easiest) or modify your noisefilter to remove that from the filename, or it will become part of the title and then it ends up confusing the search results.

I'm going to modify the first post now to add v1.0.2

Let me know how it works out for you.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v1.0.2

Released v1.0.2, enjoy :D

Jeezy123

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010

I tried following the steps provided, but it seems like my MediaPortal only still searches IMDB. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I tried following the steps provided, but it seems like my MediaPortal only still searches IMDB. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Be default Moving Pictures will grab the first scraper in the list (as far as I know you can only control the order in Manual scraper mode) and check the results. Due to the mass amount of titles on IMDb.com, there will always be a match, especially considering that many adult movies share titles with regular movies. The other default setting is that Moving Pictures will stop searching if it finds more then 3 positive results from the first scraper.

If you did not place this CDUniverse scraper at the top, it will never be used, because IMDb is almost always able to provide 3 results. So you either adjust the Advanced option that tells MovingPictures to keep looking (I set mine to 0, full instructions in first post), or you place this scraper at the top when you want to process your adult collection (and then set everything back when you are done).

Since MovingPictures only auto-approves based on the first scraper, it is recommended to use this method for the initial import.

Jeezy123

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010

Its still not working for me. I followed your directions and have CDUniverse as the #1 priority for scraping. When I sign back into Media portal, and go to My Videos, and right click on the video, it only allows me to search for information on IMDB still. the file doesn't even show up when I go into My Plugins > Moving Pictures. Sorry, newb to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Its still not working for me. I followed your directions and have CDUniverse as the #1 priority for scraping. When I sign back into Media portal, and go to My Videos, and right click on the video, it only allows me to search for information on IMDB still. the file doesn't even show up when I go into My Plugins > Moving Pictures. Sorry, newb to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

This scraper is only meant for MovingPictures, so going into MyVideos is the wrong thing to do.

Try to remain inside the MovingPictures configuration screen, you first add the scraper as per the instructions in the first post, and put it in top position (but you seem to already have done that). Then the easiest way to proceed is to go to the 'Importer' tab and then open up a Windows Explorer view alongside. Inside of that window browse to the location that contains your adult collection and move the files and/or folders outside of the MovingPictures monitored import folder range.

So say you have the import path "D:\Movies" and your adult collection is in "D:\Movies\xXx", then temporary move that folder so it becomes "D:\xXx". Allow the MovingPictures plugin a moment (few seconds or a few minutes depending on how large of a collection you have) to remove all existing references in the database, and then move the folder back into the original location.

Now close or minimize the Windows Explorer screen, and watch the MovingPictures configuration 'Import' screen. After a short delay you will see that your entire adult collection is being "found", and one by one the filenames will be matched via this CDUniverse scraper.

Enjoy.

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi RoChess, thanks for the scraper, it works like a charm. Now I can organize my collection too :)

BTW, could you give a look at adult film database ? I searched for a few of my movies, and the results are more detailed than CDUniverse.com... There are Casts and Synopsis (LOL, synopsis.) too...

:)

Jeezy123

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010

Thanks for the help RoChess. I appreciate your patience, but I am still a n00b and playing around with Media Portal. It seems like when I do what you tell me, that my movie manager doesn't even have the video come up on the list in the configuration screen. My other normal movies come up, but not he adult one.

When I go into My Videos, I am able to see the adult movie, but when I go into moving pictures, its not listed there. Am I still doing something wrong? I've tried moving the adult movie into a different file location and then using movie manager detect it from there, but it still doesn't come up on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom