Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v2.0.7 (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v1.0.2

When I go into My Videos, I am able to see the adult movie, but when I go into moving pictures, its not listed there. Am I still doing something wrong? I've tried moving the adult movie into a different file location and then using movie manager detect it from there, but it still doesn't come up on the list.

At this point you have to give me more information, like what is your MovingPictures import folder and did you place the adult in it? What foldername+filename structure do you have? Either give me some debug log files to work with, or examples so that I can recreate it myself.

Hi RoChess, thanks for the scraper, it works like a charm. Now I can organize my collection too :)

BTW, could you give a look at adult film database ? I searched for a few of my movies, and the results are more detailed than CDUniverse.com... There are Casts and Synopsis (LOL, synopsis.) too...

:)

I'll take a look at that, CDUniverse was the first thing that kept popping up on Google on a few lookups, so I went with them, but if that one has better info, I'll create a scraper for it.

joselbcn33

February 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

is there anyway to add this scrapper to my videos?
    I do not use moving pictures

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

is there anyway to add this scrapper to my videos?
    I do not use moving pictures

Not as-is, you would have to seriously rewrite it to make it compatible to the MyVideos system, possibly recompiling MediaPortal for proper support.

I wouldn't be able to help you there, because I stopped using MyVideos and purged my entire database, the moment I got MovingPictures working on my weird filenaming scheme via a custom Noise Filter.

This was in anticipation of the fact that upgrading from MediaPortal v1.0.x to MediaPortal v1.1.x would require you to redo the entire database (unless that has changed now). I started with a folder containing 10 movies and got MovingPictures finally working the way I wanted it, and then configured the same Import paths as MyVideos, and I haven't looked back.

But you are free to rewrite it yourself.

joselbcn33

February 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Thank you for your reply, Rochees. I do not have idea how to it, so maybe I have to use MovingPictures.
    Also, I try to find a full tutorial about moving pictures ( even at the website), because I want to classify all my movies by genre (my own geres like ... superhero, sci-fi.....) and add a personal Icon to each one, So when I get access in list mode I will see all the genres (including my xxx files) and see the icon associated.
    Thank you to all for your support in advanced,

Best wishes from a beginner in this fantastic word of the mediacenters.:p

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thank you for your reply, Rochees. I do not have idea how to it, so maybe I have to use MovingPictures.
    Also, I try to find a full tutorial about moving pictures ( even at the website), because I want to classify all my movies by genre (my own geres like ... superhero, sci-fi.....) and add a personal Icon to each one, So when I get access in list mode I will see all the genres (including my xxx files) and see the icon associated.
    Thank you to all for your support in advanced,

Best wishes from a beginner in this fantastic word of the mediacenters.:p

MovingPictures is database based, MyVideos is folder based.

I was in the same situation as you, preferring my own folder system, because I did not always agree with how IMDb assigned Genres to my movies. What they define as Comedy + Romance, I put in a folder "Romantic" (short for 'Romantic Comedy'), and some movies classified as Horror are more Thrillers in my eyes.

So I still have that folder structure present on my harddisks, but with MovingPictures you can make a combination easy.

For starters, MovingPictures will scrape all your movies based on the title and year (or NFO file) match on IMDb.com or one of the other scrapers it supports (such as this adult one). It then by default will create 2 main groups, "All Movies", and "Unwatched" which need no explanation. As well as "Year", based on the release year, grouped in decades. But it also creates a "Recently Added" category, which by default has the filter option to look for movies added in the last 30 days. This can be adjusted easy from within the configuration screen, and the FAQ has a good explanation on the general concept.

Then by default it also generates a dynamic category 'Genres' which looks at all the IMDb/etc genres that were found when the movies get added to your database collection, and each Genre it finds is automatically added to that overview. A problem might occur with multi-language genres, but translation support to end up with a single Genre will eventually be added. Now this dynamic category can be turned into a static one. You will then loose the automatic feature if you add a new movie with a genre you don't have yet, but the static version allows you full control. You can rename, add or modify the existing filters, so you can add your superhero one.

I myself prefer to leave the dynamic one alone, it works pretty good and I don't see any reasons to mess with it. So instead I created a seperate category tree, which contains all my custom filters. So I got "Asian", "Graphic Novel Adaptation", "Harry Potter Series", "James Bond Series", etc. And those filters are simple ones based on the FullPath option to match that to either the folder name (like 'Asian\'), or part of the filename (such as 'James Bond').

And using MovingPictures does not mean you can't use MyVideos anymore, it actually serves an easy way to keep access to files that don't have any IMDb or other scraper entry, such as personal videos. Of course you could manually add all those movies to the MovingPictures database collection, but you can otherwise just reserve them for MyVideos, and use a different ImportPath for it.

Just look for a folder that you have with say 10 movies in it, setup MovingPictures and configure the ImportPath to be that folder. Then you can play with it easy, see how it works with your filenaming scheme. If it fails, and you need a custom NoiseFilter, then asking for help is a lot easier then dealing with 100+ movies. Once MovPic is the way you like, then you can expand the Import Paths to be the same as MyVideos and let it run for as long as it takes to import your entire collection.

I actually took the switch from MyVideos to MovingPictures as an oppertunity to redo my folder structure, so keep that in mind when you are testing with those first few movies. If you need more help don't be afraid to ask, but unless they are adult movies, create new topics in the main MovPic forum (search for an existing one first that matches what you are after), so this one doesn't get sidetracked.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Adult movie scraper (details+covers) -- v1.0.3

Great to see you're still working on this.
    Works really well on my 200+ titles now that everything is set-up properly.

Terrific work.

Thank you, those encouraging replies help to remain motivated in contributing.

I was refreshing my entire collection to get all the popularity vote values from IMDb (due to IMDb.com v1.5.3 scraper), but then I noticed all the "Adult Video Warning" titles so I knew something was up.

So if you catch problems before I do, please let me know, at least I can test this scraper myself which makes debugging easier.

odysseus

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2006
    Newtonville,Massachusetts
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

@ RoChess - I just want to take a moment to thank you for your work on this scraper. It works flawlessly. I'm a new user, and this made quick work of the titles I have. I suppose the subject matter is a touch risky to post about in a forum (the less mature of us could take it as an opportunity to make a snarky comment or two), but I do appreciate how easy this makes importing Adult titles. Hopefully this won't break anytime soon, but if it does I hope you are still around to update it. :D

0dB

February 17, 2009

Hey RoChess,

thanks your fantastic work!

The scraper works really good, I have just one problem - no back cover is grabbed. Maybe something changed on CD Universe, so if you find the time, I would be very grateful, if you can take a look at this problem!

Second one is a question: I have a lot of movies CD Universe has no info for - but I have covers for these movies named: Movie Title Front.jpg and Movie Title Back.jpg. Is there any way I can make Moving pictures take these as cover art for these movies? I don't wanna rename them all to folder.jpg.
    Can I use RegExp in the "Search Movie Folder for cover art" field and is there an expression for the movie title like %title% or something?

Thanks again, the scraper is awesome,

0dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom