Advance Record options - how do they work? (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have always wondered how the advanced record options work.

i.e. 'Every Week at the time'

How does it match the program? is it simple, and just based on start/stop time? or does it try and match the program name?

Similarly with 'Every time on this channel' - assume this is done on the program name?

Lets say I want to record Dr Who every week at Saturday 7pm - which one would I use? I'd guess 'Every Week at the time', but what happens when the season ends? does it then just record whatever replaces Dr Who at 7pm Saturday?

A few other options in the menu - again, no real explanation of the logic behind them. Would love to know (and put it in the Wiki!)

--------- OK so I decided to trawl through the code and I think this is how they 'match' programs --------------

'Record Once' - Matches based on program exact Title, Start Time, End Time, Channel
    'Record Every Time On This Channel' - Matches on exact Title, exact channel id
    'Record Every Time on Every Channel' - Matches on exact Title
    'Record Every Week at this time' - Matches on channel id, start and end time,
    'Record Every Day at this time' - Matches on channel id, start and end time
    'Record Mon-Fri' = Matches channel id, start and end time, and it being between monday-friday

OK - added to Wiki - Schedule Recordings - MediaPortal Wiki

Salem

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2008
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have always wondered how the advanced record options work.

i.e. 'Every Week at the time'

How does it match the program? is it simple, and just based on start/stop time? or does it try and match the program name?

Similarly with 'Every time on this channel' - assume this is done on the program name?

Lets say I want to record Dr Who every week at Saturday 7pm - which one would I use? I'd guess 'Every Week at the time', but what happens when the season ends? does it then just record whatever replaces Dr Who at 7pm Saturday?

A few other options in the menu - again, no real explanation of the logic behind them. Would love to know (and put it in the Wiki!)

--------- OK so I decided to trawl through the code and I think this is how they 'match' programs --------------

'Record Once' - Matches based on program exact Title, Start Time, End Time, Channel
    'Record Every Time On This Channel' - Matches on exact Title, exact channel id
    'Record Every Time on Every Channel' - Matches on exact Title
    'Record Every Week at this time' - Matches on channel id, start and end time,
    'Record Every Day at this time' - Matches on channel id, start and end time
    'Record Mon-Fri' = Matches channel id, start and end time, and it being between monday-friday

OK - added to Wiki - Schedule Recordings - MediaPortal Wiki

Personally, i think that the options i made bold should still consider Programme Title. Ive used the "Every Week At this time" option many times to record a serious, only to discover MePo still recording even once the series had ended.

One thing i've always wondered, isnt more detailed timing/series/episode information broadcast with the digital Tv signals (at least in the UK on Freeview) for things like the Series Link functions of PVR enabled equipment? Why doesn't MePo use these for proper SeriesLink recordings?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The new every week on this channel takes programme name into account and will do what you want (in 1.2 anyway)

The reason the time based schedules do not is that you may have missing EPG data. If you do not have EPG data for a channel, you can not setup a schedule otherwise.

Also as regards matching, I don't think the schedules match on exact start and end times. Will try and check when I am home over the weekend

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Personally, i think that the options i made bold should still consider Programme Title. Ive used the "Every Week At this time" option many times to record a serious, only to discover MePo still recording even once the series had ended.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom