Advice for Syndicated recordings of multi-part episodes. (1 Viewer)

deamon_knight

Portal Member
November 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I'm using Media Portal 1 with Schedules Direct EPG Data as a backend, and Kodi as a front end. Generally this works great. I've set up recording schedules for many shows. The problem I have is that syndicated shows sometimes don't record both parts of two part episodes. I think this occurs when the original episode was aired as a single part, and then split in two parts for syndication, for example a series Premier or Finale. An example is Star Trek Deep Space 9. The Premier and Finale may be EP 1x01, or 1x01 and 02.

I've set my schedule to record this show at any time on a particular channel, but not to record duplicates, and to identify duplicates by name and episode number. However, I usually only end up with the first part of a Series Finale or Premier. My guess is that since both parts have the same title and episode and the second part is incorrectly identified as a duplicate. This is probably a problem with my EPG provider, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and come up with a solution.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom