Advice Required: Building a new Freeview PC-PVR (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    So do I leave all of those options unticked and click [Scan] ?
    If so: Do I then need to do the same for the other 3 tuners?
    The default for all those options is disabled (unticked) so don't worry about it.
    You can do a scan on all the tuners which will insure that should there be any hardware differences chanels will only be assigned to the tuners that can receive them. It is however possible once one tuner has been scanned to simply map the channels to the other 3 tuners. The first screenshot below of the mapping section shows the result of Tuner 0 following a scan (channels on the right hand column are assigned ("mapped") to the tuner) . The second screenshot shows Tuner 1 with the channels discovered with the Tuner 0 scan shown on the left ("available) column, simply select them all and click the right arrow button as shown and they will be moved to the the right hand assigned "mapped column of Tuner 1, see screenshot 3, you can do that for all additional tuners.
    For further info please use the wicki as the first point of call, here may be helpful.

tv1.jpg tv2.jpg tv3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    I'm currently using a TBS6985 DVB-S2 quad tuner, but we have reception issues - seems to be caused internally in the server - I...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
    I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
    I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom