Advice Required: Building a new Freeview PC-PVR (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So do I leave all of those options unticked and click [Scan] ?
    If so: Do I then need to do the same for the other 3 tuners?
    The default for all those options is disabled (unticked) so don't worry about it.
    You can do a scan on all the tuners which will insure that should there be any hardware differences chanels will only be assigned to the tuners that can receive them. It is however possible once one tuner has been scanned to simply map the channels to the other 3 tuners. The first screenshot below of the mapping section shows the result of Tuner 0 following a scan (channels on the right hand column are assigned ("mapped") to the tuner) . The second screenshot shows Tuner 1 with the channels discovered with the Tuner 0 scan shown on the left ("available) column, simply select them all and click the right arrow button as shown and they will be moved to the the right hand assigned "mapped column of Tuner 1, see screenshot 3, you can do that for all additional tuners.
    For further info please use the wicki as the first point of call, here may be helpful.

tv1.jpgtv2.jpgtv3.jpg

groovybaby

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi,
    I'm still having problems accessing other media on my HTPC via MP2.
    I've tried following the online info but it doesnt seem to match my MP2 skin.

Also: Awhile ago someone mentioned that I needed to set up my system to restart after a power failure.
    I've looked back over the previous posts but I cant find it, so could someone advise me how to do this.

Many thanks.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Awhile ago someone mentioned that I needed to set up my system to restart after a power failure.
    If you really mean a power failure, you need to check the motherboard BIOS to see if there is a setting to control the behaviour. My Dell XPS 420 has such a setting, and I can choose between:
    • Remain off after a power failure.
    • Reboot after a power failure.
    If your system reboots, "TV Server" starts automatically (because it is a service), so recordings scheduled to occur later should be successful (provided that your OS disk and recordings disk were not adversely affected by the power failure).

If you mean how to get MP to restart after a terminating application error or an application abend, you need to look in the "MP Settings". For MP2 these are set when using the MP client. Check to see if MP2 has such a setting. (MP1 does have this setting, but you set it in "MP Config", which MP2 does not use.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom