Aeon (2 Viewers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice to see this is still going - it must have been over a year ago that someone asked about doing the port. I'm going to release a completely unprotected texture set for the new Aeon specifically for use by ports. No idea, though, how MediaPortal's engine will handle some of the more sophisticated elements.

Keep it up!

Unfortunately the XBMC skin-engine surpassed the one of MP some time ago, would REALLY like coverflow implemented in MP :D

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Has anyone looked at the (possibly source) coverflow code over on the Meedios forums? 2 separate guys developed coverflow stuff, and I believe at least one of them was done independent of Meedio and later integrated into it. So theoretically a codebase exists.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Has anyone looked at the (possibly source) coverflow code over on the Meedios forums? 2 separate guys developed coverflow stuff, and I believe at least one of them was done independent of Meedio and later integrated into it. So theoretically a codebase exists.

The codebase is there an I looked into (after converting it to VS# Express) but it's way over my head to do an integration into MediaPortal. I can write a window/process plugin and do some trivial stuff, but porting an OpenGL application like this is a bit more...complicated ;)

Edit:

BTW, wouldn't it be more relevant to take a look at the source-code of XBMC, as this originally was the platform for MediaPortal? Chances of getting useful code must be bigger here...

After inspecting the XBMC XML-file for Coverflow, it's actually quite simple...

Using rotatey in different angles and using a -3, -2, -1 +1, +2, +3 selector of the file-items. Perhaps I'll try and make my own coverflow at some pint :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    BTW, wouldn't it be more relevant to take a look at the source-code of XBMC, as this originally was the platform for MediaPortal? Chances of getting useful code must be bigger here...

After inspecting the XBMC XML-file for Coverflow, it's actually quite simple...

Using rotatey in different angles and using a -3, -2, -1 +1, +2, +3 selector of the file-items. Perhaps I'll try and make my own coverflow at some pint :)

That would be awesome.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom