AF9015 BDA Devide 100% Working (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can someone give us a link within europe where you can buy one of these sticks.

Thanks

bluppfisk

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The problem I have with most drivers for my stick, is that they will crash my computer upon use. (BSoD IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error). I think this is because I have over 4 gigs of ram in a 64bit system and because the drivers are a bit shitty. I own a geniatech (who, obviously, haven't updated their drivers for ages) and currently use the drivers for the Cinergy sticks (the ones that are sold in most mediamarkts).

@PD: I don't know where to get these sticks. I got it off a dodgy Turkish electronic appliance shop. TV Products Expert perhaps provides some info.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm ... not sure if I'm helpin, but:
    1. When it comes to DVB, you should use TVServer
    2. I guess you are using Vista 64 - not XP 64, which is not supported.
    3. I find the ">4GB" strange, but did you try using only 2GB?
    4. Did you give the drivers from MSI a go? If problems occur during install (it did for me) I can try to UL the DLL.

bluppfisk

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No I didn't try 2Gb but it seems that everyone having this problem, has 4 Gb or more in his computer. It wouldn't be the first time that a driver is actually made for 64-bit OS'es, but internally has some 32-bit datatypes (or one 32-bit datatype will suffice to crash te system) due to a clumsy port.

The MSI driver seems to work so far, it's actually not MSI's, but a WHQL certified AFAtech driver. I don't know why they don't have this one on their own site, but hey. The Terratec Cinergy beta (as of 01-AUG-2008) driver would also work. I hoop it keeps working, because sometimes it only crashes after being in use for half an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom