After convert dvr-ms into mpeg MP freezes (1 Viewer)

Cosworth

July 6, 2004
same problem for me. Start conversion -> freeze until done.

ESC does nothing for me (v0.1.3.0). I could swear this didn't happen the first few times I compressed something, but that might be a wet memory error :roll:

spraycleaner

Portal Member
December 25, 2004
MP does freeze yes - same here too!

But they may fix this in the next release!

Lets say MP doesn't freeze what to do with the converted file? I can ofcourse burn the .MPG file with nero etc. in windows but it would REALLY be nice if this was possible within MP (burner plugin?) ...

In the burning menu I can only burn DATA CD/DVD or Music CD/DVD NO option what so ever like VIDEO CD or VIDEO DVD ....is this not allso a bug or something that has to be implementet in the future?

user_99

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Austria, Graz
spraycleaner said:
MP does freeze yes - same here too!
Yep, tried some of the latest CSV and it crashes MP. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

spraycleaner said:
But they may fix this in the next release!
That would be really great.

spraycleaner said:
Lets say MP doesn't freeze what to do with the converted file? I can ofcourse burn the .MPG file with nero etc. in windows but it would REALLY be nice if this was possible within MP (burner plugin?) ...
The file is converted well and I could use it. When I convert the file with the burner plugin it works too and I get now crash.

spraycleaner said:
In the burning menu I can only burn DATA CD/DVD or Music CD/DVD NO option what so ever like VIDEO CD or VIDEO DVD ....is this not allso a bug or something that has to be implementet in the future?
I can only burn CDs. But I think that the plugin is not finished yet. There are some similar threads about that topic - also in the German MP Forum.

user_99

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Austria, Graz
Tested it again with a clean install (no CSV) and it works. MP freezes till the end of the converting process is finished. But when you use the ESC key while the converting is running MP crashes. That was my mistake, sorry.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Area: TV
    MP Version: 0.2.0
    Skin: Blue Two or any other skin
    Windows Version: XP SP2 with latest updates
    CPU Type: P4 2.4 Ghz
    Memory: 512MB
    Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4p800 Deluxe
    Video Card: ATI 9250
    Video Card Driver:
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: Intervideo Windvd 6
    Audio Codec Type & Version: Intervideo Windvd 6
    TV Card: Leadtek PVR 2000
    TV Card Type: hardware
    TV Card Driver: latest from leadtek

Synopsis:

Let's reactivate that thread again, with the hope it is recognised as a bug and makes it into Mantis.

Entering "Auto Compress" in GUI and then press ESC to leave the screen, starts the Transcoding. But the way it is done, it blocks MP until all the conversion is done.
    The AutoCompress method of GUITVCompressAuto is calling Transcode in a foreach loop, which means that it ends when the last file that needs to be converted has been processed.
    Should be called in a thread to release the screen

Waltz

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2004
    Kiel, Germany
    Nothing new about this...? MP still freezes in 0.2.0.0 RC2 after (manually) converting a file from DVR-MS to MPEG2 or to WMV, sometimes even while it converts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom