After resume, TV Server connection screen is shown (1 Viewer)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi,

when I finished using Mediaportal, I switch to the homescreen. After the configured time, the HTPC goes into standby.
When I resume, Mediaportal is not showing the homescreen anymore, but the TV Server Connection screen.
When I push the home button on remote, I see the homescreen and everything is working.
But the WAF ist not so high...
Can I configure something, that the connection screen will not be shown?

Thanks and best regards
Fab55

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    When I resume, Mediaportal is not showing the homescreen anymore, but the TV Server Connection screen.
    What do you mean by the "TV Server Connection screen"? Do you mean:
    • The "TV Home" screen.
    • A pop-up stating that there is no connection to the TV Server.
    • Something else.
    If you could take a screen shot and post it here, that would be helpful.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    This happened to me yesterday (on wake from hibernation, on 64-bit Windows 7):

server_connection.jpg

I entered the IP address, but it was not accepted. Client and server are installed on the same system. I was not able to play recorded TV, but I was able to exit MP.

I looked at the "TV Server" log, but it was not in DEBUG mode, and did not record any problems. I also looked in the Windows Event log, but that did not indicate any problems either. After rebooting the system, the problem has not recurred (so far). I don't know what might have caused this problem. :confused:

As it is a one-time occurrence (so far), I will ascribe it to a cosmic ray smashing through the RAM and flipping a few bits that were in use by MP. :eek:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    When I wait a few seconds (maybe ~10s) I can switch to another screen via remote and everything is working...

Users who are viewing this thread