After resume, TV Server connection screen is shown (4 Viewers)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi,

when I finished using Mediaportal, I switch to the homescreen. After the configured time, the HTPC goes into standby.
When I resume, Mediaportal is not showing the homescreen anymore, but the TV Server Connection screen.
When I push the home button on remote, I see the homescreen and everything is working.
But the WAF ist not so high...
Can I configure something, that the connection screen will not be shown?

Thanks and best regards
Fab55

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    When I resume, Mediaportal is not showing the homescreen anymore, but the TV Server Connection screen.
    What do you mean by the "TV Server Connection screen"? Do you mean:
    • The "TV Home" screen.
    • A pop-up stating that there is no connection to the TV Server.
    • Something else.
    If you could take a screen shot and post it here, that would be helpful.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    This happened to me yesterday (on wake from hibernation, on 64-bit Windows 7):

server_connection.jpg

I entered the IP address, but it was not accepted. Client and server are installed on the same system. I was not able to play recorded TV, but I was able to exit MP.

I looked at the "TV Server" log, but it was not in DEBUG mode, and did not record any problems. I also looked in the Windows Event log, but that did not indicate any problems either. After rebooting the system, the problem has not recurred (so far). I don't know what might have caused this problem. :confused:

As it is a one-time occurrence (so far), I will ascribe it to a cosmic ray smashing through the RAM and flipping a few bits that were in use by MP. :eek:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    When I wait a few seconds (maybe ~10s) I can switch to another screen via remote and everything is working...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J Resume from Standby Last Module TV Showing TV Server Settings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 3
    Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
    P MP2 Client Screen Flickering on Resume General 2
    HTPCSourcer [fixed] [MP2-815] User not logged in when resuming from standby MediaPortal 2 17
    R Media portal resumes with wrong screen resolution General Support 3
    B resume from within a folder Watch / Listen Media 0
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    R Weird sleep/resume loop General Support 4
    joecrow Further problem on resume from sleep (MP Crash) 1.21 5
    joecrow Loss of Navigation Sounds on Resume from Sleep Mp 1.21 General Support 10
    D [further infos missing] Problems switching to live tv channel after resume 2.2 Archive 1
    stirlinghart [duplicate] Mp not focused on after resuming from sleep 2.2 Archive 7
    P Multiple clients - share resume/watched data General 1
    stirlinghart FOCUS not on MP after resuming from sleep General 11
    U IR Blaster doesn't work after system wake/resume General Support 6
    megahorst Mediaportal chrashs when the PC goes to suspend mode (or when it resumes?) 1.19 11
    B pls help. tv stops playing but resumes if I push pause and play General 0
    BlueMax1916 Problems with MP1 client process dying when resuming from standby, probably MovingPictures related Moving Pictures 2
    BlueMax1916 Problems with MP1 client dying after resuming from standby General Support 2
    M TV Server Preview Window is blank, sounds works Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    catalpa ...immer mal wird der Server abgekoppelt :( Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    A Keine Verbindung mit Kodi auf Server Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 11
    CyberSimian Unhandled exception in TV Server TV-Server 0
    Grisu002 Failed to startup - TV Server funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0