After update to 3.1.1.: some shows aren't updated correctly anymore (1 Viewer)

Hes

Portal Member
December 7, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,
since I upgraded to MP1.2.0 (now 1.2.1) and hence to version 3.1.1 of the TV series plugin, I have a problem with some shows which arent updated properly anmore. The new episodes are shown in MP, but the episode title, description, actors etc. either aren't downloaded from thetvdb or aren't used anmore. Curiously enough, this only happens with series I was already watching before updating to MP1.2.0/TVS3.1.1. New series which I've included after the update work fine as before, just the old ones are having problems.

Example: here I scan for four new shows from last night.

2emj0ua.png

All seems well, but when I continue, the show "Glee" for example has no episode information for any 3rd season episode, along with a few series which I already had on harddrive (only the series, not the new episodes!) before updating MP:

2agtgds.png

As MP isn't even running at the time I scan for new episodes, there is no mention of any of this in the MP logs. The TV Series plugin log shows the same as the log box on bottom of the TV series plugin, where there is no mention of any problem whatsoever.

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing here? Why can't a update my older TV series anmore (other than getting generic "Episode 2" pseudo information).

Any help appreciated, michael

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hes

Portal Member
    December 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: After update to 3.1.1.: some shows aren't updated correctly anymore

Hello again,
    no problem, I have attached the TV series log (as MP isn't even running while I'm updating via TV Series Configuration, I have no logs from that program).

Today, I tried to scan a bunch of new additions to my TV episodes collection.

These were the files I was tring to include:

dhbxms.png

And all shows were recognized:

nl8yrt.png

But again, all TV series I already had in my collection before my last update of MP/TV series weren't found, so that I had a number of shows where TVS didn't know which episode I tried to add:

33o35he.png

Notice that, according to the above screenshot, TVS couldn't find any information on episodes #10 to #12 of "Awkward.". Needless to say, all of those episodes (of all the series shown in the picture) have information available at thetvdb.
    And my connection to the site works, as all shows I added after my MP/TVS update are properly updated.

I hope you can find out what going on from the log file, as I am at a loss to understand it.

Thanks, michael

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Possibly the delete of cache is not working...or the processing of updates is not working for you.

Try deleting your cache first and see if it happens again...then we know the problem is there (you might need to wait a while for it to present itself again). The cache is typically located:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MP-TVSeries\Cache
    or
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MP-TVSeries\Cache

Hes

Portal Member
    December 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: After update to 3.1.1.: some shows aren't updated correctly anymore

No, I haven't reinstalled or repaired Windows XP. My installation is almost three years old so far hasn't been repaired ever.

Thanks ltfearme, the cache deletion seems to have worked so far; now, TVS is finding all the information that it claimed wasn't there at thetvdb. If anything reverts back to "no updates" again, I'll post an update.

Greetings, michael

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK your directory name for your profile looked that way

if it happens again you might want to check the permissions on that cache directory where you deleted all the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom