After updating OV, many sites disappeared from front end... (1 Viewer)

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    All the sites that were imported from the global list won't show up anymore in the front end of MP. I can still see them in the "configuration" and "manage sites" in the front end. If I try to add a site in "manage sites" that originally was added via the global list, it simply won't show up in the front end. Watch series is one of those sites.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OV, I have updated MP to the latest version. I have redone the categories list. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the splitter.

One peculiar thing is, that in the configuration, the added sites don't show any properties in the lower part of the window, like "skip single category" and the splitter options.

OZKNOTT

Portal Member
    December 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dear @Quarter ,

Exactly the same thing is happening here, if you reinstall OV 2.2.0, latest stable and do not update, the listings come back but Watch Series' series listing is empty.

If you update then these listings are gone, Watch Series, Mopvideo, Movie25, Movienight, and Los Movies, but YouTube and LiveLeak are there, Videobull has also been blank for about 2 months, but that is probably another issue. @Quarter

THANKS, OZ

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    After a downgrade to 2.10, sites are visible again, but many broken, since 2.10 doesn't get site updates.

After upgrade to 2.2, sites are showing again, This time I used the "upgrade" button in Extension Installer, previously I used the "install" button on the left. Sites still there, but still not working

Forced a full site update/add through the front end. Sites from the global list that were previously selected disappear, sites from the global list that weren't selected now all show up. So I don't see watch series or Movie25, but all the czech channels and much more I don't want. It's a mess...

Disabling/enabling in the front end doesn't help.

So summarizing, sites from the global list that were added through the back end, disappear after the first site update.

I deleted onlinevideosites.xml to reset everything. Then added sites from the front end in stead of the back end. Didn't show up again. Then I did the full update+add from the front end again. But still the sites I want don't show up? It is not even everything from the global list, since RTLGemist and Los Movies are from the global list, were previously used, and they do show up!

I don't have a clue, why on earth OV still knows which sites were previously added after I deleted the xml file? There are no settings in the mediaportal.xml for those sites. Is there any other place I should look?

Last edited:

Shaedwell

Portal Member
    December 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm having the same problem. I didn't even realize the sites had been updated but Sunday night (might have been Monday night) my watch series favorites were all gone. Site was still showing in the front-end of the sitemanager. After I played around in the site manager I realized, the site manager wasn't working properly; sorting options failed.

Luckily DreamHD still functions so I can get my dose of (no, i haven't watched tv in ages but yes I have seen that episode) series.

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    My watchseries is missing after update incuding the 15 favorites I had from there.
    reinstalling OL gives it back but not working 100%

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you post logs I can take a look at it. Guessing what might be the cause doesn't help...

Miwer

Portal Member
    November 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also see this behavior - I have 6 sites, but only 4 sites show up in the front end. I'm attaching my log - not much to go on though...

Code:
    [OVLoad  ] [WARN ] SiteUtil '<sitename>' is faulty or not compatible with this build of OnlineVideos: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

The two sites not working for me are Movie25 and MovieNight

Shaedwell

Portal Member
    December 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Damn, forgot the logs....While trying to get te log I noticed that ALL my sites were gone. Not just the ones that were missing previously. Tried to add watch series and movie25, fail....
    Tried to add some swedisch site and that one did show up.
    Logs attached this time.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, just published a new version of my dll.
    It seems that someone committed some changes that results in incompatible dll's that are published.

Did a quick patch so the dll I maintain is compatible, that solved @Quarter 's movie25 problem too.

Where I work, such actions usually result in a big box of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bossche_bol ;)

Last edited:

Shaedwell

Portal Member
    December 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did a quick check and Watch-Series and Movie25 worked as before. Great job and thank you very much!!!

(Where do I send the Bossche Bol? :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom