Again - stutter issue with Video Playback (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I try to find a solution - but I'm not very successfull ...

The problem are mkv's. There is a constant stutter during playback (like frames are dropping). Attached some info:
    stutter.jpg
    The Green line is coming from Ambilight - turning it off makes it flat - but (OK - I don't know what the lines represent) - I think the stutter is teh red one showing constant glitches. I tried with Lav and PowerDVD12 codec - but no change.

Anotegr thing - when I try to use VMR9 instead of EVR I get a black screen and MP crashes (I know from teh past that I had an Issue with EVR where the picture was sisorientated in teh middle - VMR9 didn't have thsi problem)

Also some Logs - maybe soemone has an idea ...

Attachments

• MediaPortal.bak
      103.8 KB
    Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

It looks like the FPS does not match your screen refresh rate.

You have your screen set to 50...but the media is 24

Have you tried using Dynamic Refresh Rate Changer in MePo to adjust your refresh rate to match your content?

J.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You are playing a (close) 23.976 fps material on 50 Hz display.

OK - but why doesn't it switch? - I have a LG Display and it shoudl be able to display it (PAL/SECAM/NTSC,HDTV (480p - 1080p @ 24fps, 50fps, 30fps, 60fps, VGA~SXGA) and Refresh rate cahnger ist turned on?

Capture.JPG

But I also don't get teh message for switching the rate ( I do get it on TV for example)

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Your content is 24...not 23...

So where you have 23.97 in refresh changer box, add 24 too...so it becomes 23.97,24

Then try that....

J.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - I did the change but it's not switching. When I set the graphiccard by hand to 24 and start the video it's fine - also showing teh 24 in the screen - but when I go to TV it switches to 50 and going back to the video it stays at 50 ...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - I have added now 23.81 with 24 as separate entry - now it switches. So one question - assuming that - maybe - videos are coming with slightly different values - is there a way to set a range but to set a value? Liek 23 to 24 fps -> 24Hz?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    OK - I have added now 23.81 with 24 as separate entry - now it switches. So one question - assuming that - maybe - videos are coming with slightly different values - is there a way to set a range but to set a value? Liek 23 to 24 fps -> 24Hz?

There is no way to specify any ranges as there is no need for such. 23.81 is not a valid fps (at least no source uses such) so there is something wrong in the video file or MediaInfo DLL itself.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I understand. So - as the correct Rate is 23.976215 - and the setting 23.97 seems to work for this too - would this mean using 23 onyl would cover everythiing from 23 to 23.9999? Or is there a minimum number of digits necessarry?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's not covering ranges. 23.976Hz & 24Hz are the correct Framerates for NTSCFILM.
    For both NVIDIA & ATi goes:
    When you set the refresh rate to 23Hz, it does 23.976fps, when you set refresh rate to 24Hz, it does 24Hz.
    This link might help you out some more (refresh rate table is up to date in there):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Stuttering_Playback

The reason why the refresh rate change isn't working is probably due to the fact that MediaInfo is detecting an incorrect Framerate on the file (as tourette suggested):
    Code:
    2012-10-26 21:21:17.925368 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate        : 23,81

You could try and update the MediaInfo.dll to a newer version to see if this fixes it. If it doesn't help, then you got a 'buggy' videofile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom