Again - stutter issue with Video Playback (2 Viewers)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's not covering ranges. 23.976Hz & 24Hz are the correct Framerates for NTSCFILM.
    For both NVIDIA & ATi goes:
    When you set the refresh rate to 23Hz, it does 23.976fps, when you set refresh rate to 24Hz, it does 24Hz.
    This link might help you out some more (refresh rate table is up to date in there):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Stuttering_Playback

The reason why the refresh rate change isn't working is probably due to the fact that MediaInfo is detecting an incorrect Framerate on the file (as tourette suggested):
    Code:
    2012-10-26 21:21:17.925368 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate        : 23,81

You could try and update the MediaInfo.dll to a newer version to see if this fixes it. If it doesn't help, then you got a 'buggy' videofile.

OK . Na - the framrate is correct - the file is decoded crappy (VLC also displays 23.81 for this specific file). I was only wondering because I have - as written - setting with 23.97 and one with 23.81 and when watching a mkv with 23.97 it again choose the setting for 23.81 (when I enable the osd info it tells me that it is now using the setting) and when checking the videoinfo it also shows 23.976something.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is possible that the Shift ! info shows the 23.81 setting, since you added that, but your monitor is probably doing 23.976Hz. MP tries to match the refresh rate based on the MediaInfo, so that explains why the refresh rate change did work after you added the 23.81 Frame rate to Dynamic Refresh Rate. Since the difference between 23.97 & 23.81 is that small, you'll probably see a refresh rate somewhere around that number.

But at least you found your issue: bad decoded file ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom