AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    thanks for a great job !
    Do you plan enhancements towards full airplay support (like mirroring) ?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, I am implementing photo and video support at the moment. Mirroring isn't possible though as it is encrypted and nobody has publicly reverse engineered it.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, it turns out that Apple decided to drop AirPlay for iPhone 4 in iOS 7.02 already, so I can't even try this with my Phone. Great to hear it's working fine though.

Emph

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    @emphatic
    it seems that it's still working if you reset your equipment?
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/23226744#23226744

@Brownard
    Can this plug-in run at the same time as others airplay servers? I tried this on my HTPC, which runs a copy of AirServer (http://www.airserver.com/) and my iphone and ipad can only see the airserver airplay. I love the cover art and title when airplaying on mediaportal but airserver gives me mirroring so will be very cool to be able to use both...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can this plug-in run at the same time as others airplay servers? I tried this on my HTPC, which runs a copy of AirServer (http://www.airserver.com/) and my iphone and ipad can only see the airserver airplay. I love the cover art and title when airplaying on mediaportal but airserver gives me mirroring so will be very cool to be able to use both...

It's not currently possible but I can add it in the next version.

Airplay servers are identified by the computer's MAC address which are obviously the same when on the same computer. However, multiple instances work fine if a dummy MAC address is used on one so I'll add an option to allow you to do that - you will also need to configure it to use non default ports (if Airserver uses the defaults).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico

Airplay servers are identified by the computer's MAC address which are obviously the same when on the same computer. However, multiple instances work fine if a dummy MAC address is used on one so I'll add an option to allow you to do that - you will also need to configure it to use non default ports (if Airserver uses the defaults).

Great! I'll wait next version (Already configured on different ports than default) thank you !!

KongoOtto

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have both running on my PC without any Problems. I did not change any Ports or MAC addresses. Air Server Version: 1.9.6.0 Let me know, if you need any further information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom