album picture screen won't go away (1 Viewer)

bob755

Portal Member
January 18, 2006
I'll do some more tests this weekend and let you know along with my configuration details. One thing I did do was to associate an image with the mp3 file. When I do this the visualisation screen flashes or rather it repeatedly wipes horzontally from black to gray while the music is playing.

My comment about not continuing with MP was really because of my frustration coming across a problem so early on. I was really hoping to be able to build my HTPC with MP so I'm feeling a bit frustrated. This was not by any means intended to criticize the good work of the developers. I've been in SW development for many years so I understand.
If I can get this problem resolved I will be very happy.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can confirm having the same problem. When hitting "B" or Stop on the remote, the music stops, but the Album/visualisation stays there.
    When you enter for example TV, you still have the music visualisation window in the lower left corner.

tried with several skins, all are the same.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am running CVS 1-13-06. I am going to download the latest and see if this changes anything. I am seeing some other posts along the same lines of this. Kind of happened around the time they removed VMR7.

EDIT #2. I just downloaded the VERY newest CVS. 1-20-06 15-36 and the issue with the window has been fixed. Also my issue with MP not showing any text is also fixed... GREAT JOB TEAM!

EDIT: I can totally reproduce this issue with the latest CVS. I also discovered a new issue... which really makes MP unusable! You can take a look at my other post HERE. For now... I will be moving back to CVS 1.13.06... because everything worked there.

bob755

Portal Member
    January 18, 2006
    Latest results:

installed 0.2 rc2 - problem with window
    installed cvs 1-12-03 - problem with window
    installed cvs 1-20-06 - still problem with window

Area: Media Portal Program
    MP Version: 0.2 rc2 + cvs 1-20-06 15-36
    Windows Version: xp home sp2
    CPU Type: Athlon xp 2200+
    Memory: 512Mb
    Motherboard : Asus A78VX
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce4 TI 4200
    Video Card Driver: nv4_dsp
    Video Card Resolution: 1280 x 1024
    Video Render Type:
    Video Codec Type & Version: philips 7108
    Audio Codec Type & Version:
    TV Card: none

Additional information:
    When the music is playing the vizualisation screen has a gray border. If I hit "B" and stop the music the border disappears and leaves the black screen that remains on all pages.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    it's strange that you are gettinbg this issue with .1.3. Aside's testing seemed to indicate a few cvs bugs, which would have happened well after .1.3.

To get a later version, a lot of us are using .02RC2, which has a link on the bMP home page.

There is also a link there for daily cvs builds, which gives you access to the latest work in progress. A lot of these are great and have many extra features, but as you have probably noticed in this thread that since they are a work in progress you can't expect them all to be perfect.

I would suggest using .2RC2 and the cvs build that Aside has mentioned.
    Read the instructions carefully before apoplying CVS, though.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Also, what are you using for your internal music player (MP config/ music / general settings)? I don't have this issue with WMPlayer 9. If you are using Directshow maybe try swapping? It can't hurt for testing purposes...

bob755

Portal Member
    January 18, 2006
    I was using WMP 9 so I tried switching to Directshow but no difference.
    I don't think Im doing anything wrong updating:

1. Uninstalled MP from control panel
    2. Installed 0.2 rc2
    3 Copied CVS overwriting existing files
    4. ran Start.bat
    5 ran MP setup

The gray border stays aligned with the viewing window except if I switch to full screen in which case the the border is either offset from the viewing window or disappears leaving just the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom