Album view: Display artist when sorted by date (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I've tried to compact music DB with SQLite DB Browser but no change regarding performances (and the size of the DB was the same after compacting).

I've then deleted music DB and re-import everything. But still no change in performances.

I've deleted again music DB, then imported only 1000 albums => performances were OK

Finally, I've imported 800 additional albums. The scan in MP Config was blocked on "Processing file 14071" (but the HDD light was still blinking). When the HDD light stopped blinking, I closed MP config and started MP (before it was not possible to close Config MP because I received a message type "scan ongoing") => performances when accessing latest added album view were not OK anymore.

I'm very puzzled... Do you have any idea on how to continue investigation ?

Thank you

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Here's the latest status:

Due to the tests here above (OK with 1000 albums, not OK with 1800 albums), I really think it's linked to music DB size.

So I tried the following: with SQLite DB Browser, I execute the same SQL command as MP:
select * from tracks group by strAlbum, strAlbumArtist order by dateAdded desc Limit 100
It took almost 15 seconds to have the results but with the SQL command:
select strAlbum, strAlbumArtist, dateAdded from tracks group by strAlbum, strAlbumArtist order by dateAdded desc Limit 100;
it was instantaneous.

Do you think it's possible to optimize the SQL command by only selecting the fields you need to display the info, navigate between view levels and play the album ?

Thank you.

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I've tried to create a descending index on dateAdded in the tracks table of the music db but again no change...

Did you have the opportunity to have a look to the optimization of the SQL command ? Is it possible ?

Thank you.

Portal Pro
June 25, 2009
Bruxelles
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Just to mention that since MP 1.2.3, those performances problem are solved (3 seconds to display the list of latest albums by date). Maybe thanks to the new SQLite version used in this release.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, that's for sure because I had similar problems with queries on big video database and speed gain with new dll is fantastic (old dll was really old, full of bugs and unoptimized).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom