Albumview, Plugins, Shares - don't work! (1 Viewer)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all.

Since my problem persists, even after total new installation of all aMPdroid components and re-configuration, I ask you for help:
    • Shares stay empty: The tab Shares stays empty, despite of the path of folder database is given correctly
    • Album view shows nothing: The list of Artist view and title are working fine, the album view reutrns an error message which contains the advice I should check the connection. Might this be a problem with the database? I didn't rebuild it yet...
    • No plugins are shown: Bonjour is installed (if it has something to do with that), plugins are installed, too ;), but when I press the plugins button nothing happens...

I am grateful for any help! I like aMPdroid so much and even my wife does, so this shows how reliable and user-friendly this is. If now the album views would work, I'd call it perfect...:D

PS: Since using aMPdroid, I have a "MusicDatabaseV12.db3" with size 0 in the database path. Is it good for something? I had no negative results as I renamed it for testing reasons.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No idea? no one has the same problem? :confused:

In the meantime I have deleted my old music database and have built a new one, but that has no influence on the album view staying empty...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Shares stay empty: The tab Shares stays empty, despite of the path of folder database is given correctly
    It only lists video shares, and that works fine for me. Could you check what you get from http://127.0.0.1:4321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetVideoShares, just like described in the troubleshooting guide on the wiki but with a different URL.
    Album view shows nothing: The list of Artist view and title are working fine, the album view reutrns an error message which contains the advice I should check the connection. Might this be a problem with the database? I didn't rebuild it yet...
    Same as above, could you check what the result is of http://127.0.0.1:4321/GmaWebService...nfig.xml then you need to change that to V11.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Oxan,

I have a quick question regarding album artwork. My album view is working but I have a number of albums that aren't showing artwork in thumb view. The album art is displayed correctly in MP (1.2 latest SVN). They also (usually) appear in aMPdroid's "now playing" screen which is odd because I've checked the music cache folder on my phone and the thumbnails for these albums aren't there.

I've looked at the tags of working and non-working music to try and find a pattern but I can't see anything. I've also checked for the presence of folder.jpg's in each albums folder and they are there.

If you can think of anything to check I'd be grateful. If not could you explain the process GMA uses to deliver album thumbs then I might be able to do further troubleshooting:).

BTW, I've only just got back to aMPdroid testing because of other demands on my time and the progress is amazing!

Also, I apologise if this isn't the best thread to post this in and will ask for the post to be deleted so I can start a new topic if preferred.

Thanks and all the best,

Mick.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It only lists video shares, and that works fine for me. Could you check what you get from http://127.0.0.1:4321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetVideoShares, just like described in the troubleshooting guide on the wiki but with a different URL.

Thanks for the explanation.
    OK, tested as you wrote. With the URLs you have posted, after entering the login it returns:

The return message was the same as I tried it with my IP address instead of 127.0.0.1.

In case you don't understand German, it means that the files under that address can't be found. Do you know what it means?
    I have followed all the steps in the troubleshooting several times before I posted here. It seems that I can't get connection to Album view function and to video of GMA service.

This is very strange, because the other functions work:
    - Artist view: OK
    - All songs: OK

Maybe dumb question: Where do I find the log file(s)? It is not in the GMA installation path.

Greets Fafnir

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's weird. Are you sure you're running the latest GMA version? And does it return immediately the error message or only after a while?

GMA log files are in C:\ProgramData\GMAWebService. Posting them would be a good help indeed.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Oxan.

GMA log files are in C:\ProgramData\GMAWebService. Posting them would be a good help indeed.

Only one file, but attached ;)

That's weird. Are you sure you're running the latest GMA version?
    Hmm, I think so, because I took the version 0.3.1 from here...

And does it return immediately the error message or only after a while?
    The message comes after some seconds - I am not a network experienced user, but I would say it is like the browser tries to get a connection and then returns that message after a time out...
    Using other browsers doesn't bring any change, too.

Thank you very much for the constant help!:D

EDIT: I didn't create a video database, thus it was empty and there were no videos to be shown. But last weekend I created a databse, but still the shares are empty.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow, that's really weird. I'll generate a build with more debug information tonight for you to try. Can't make any sense of the log now.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Oxan,

I have a quick question regarding album artwork. My album view is working but I have a number of albums that aren't showing artwork in thumb view. The album art is displayed correctly in MP (1.2 latest SVN). They also (usually) appear in aMPdroid's "now playing" screen which is odd because I've checked the music cache folder on my phone and the thumbnails for these albums aren't there.

I've looked at the tags of working and non-working music to try and find a pattern but I can't see anything. I've also checked for the presence of folder.jpg's in each albums folder and they are there.

If you can think of anything to check I'd be grateful. If not could you explain the process GMA uses to deliver album thumbs then I might be able to do further troubleshooting:).

BTW, I've only just got back to aMPdroid testing because of other demands on my time and the progress is amazing!

Also, I apologise if this isn't the best thread to post this in and will ask for the post to be deleted so I can start a new topic if preferred.

Thanks and all the best,

Mick.

Hi Oxan,

Sorry to quote myself but I've just finished doing some more investigation regarding this issue and it seems that my unerlying problem is that the "CoverPathL" values are pointing to files that do not exist :confused:

Here's an example.

(What's the story) Morning Glory? by Oasis.

According to the results returned by a "http://localhost:4321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllAlbums?sort=0&order=0" request, the coverPathL for this album is

"CoverPathL":"C:\\ProgramData\\Team MediaPortal\\MediaPortal\\thumbs\\Music\\Albums\\Oasis-(What's the Story) Morning Glory?L.jpg"

Obviously this cannot be correct because the file name contains a "?".

Checking in the above location reveals that the file name is actually "Oasis-(What's the Story) Morning Glory_L.jpg". The "?" is replaced by an "_".

Sadly it's not just "illegal" characters causing the incorrect file names. Compilation albums also seem to generate incorrect coverart paths too even if they are correctly displayed within MP itself. Not really sure why? Perhaps you have an idea what might be going on here. If there's anything you can think of that I might have missed please let me know (I'm more than happy to test anything :)). If not do you think it might be more reliable to return the path to the album itself and use "folder.jpg" instead? I guess that might be what aMPdroid does as its "Now Playing" screen shows the coverart for these albums (as long as you stop playback between songs ;)).

Sorry if this has been documented elsewhere and I've missed it.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Mick.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The message comes after some seconds - I am not a network experienced user, but I would say it is like the browser tries to get a connection and then returns that message after a time out...
    Using other browsers doesn't bring any change, too.
    That makes it look a lot like a network or firewall issue. Do you have any firewalls besides Windows Firewall enabled? Are you sure the GMA service is running? Does http://127.0.0.1:4321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllArtists?order=0 work?

Here's an example.

(What's the story) Morning Glory? by Oasis.

According to the results returned by a "http://localhost:4321/GmaWebService/MediaAccessService/json/GetAllAlbums?sort=0&order=0" request, the coverPathL for this album is

"CoverPathL":"C:\\ProgramData\\Team MediaPortal\\MediaPortal\\thumbs\\Music\\Albums\\Oasis-(What's the Story) Morning Glory?L.jpg"

Obviously this cannot be correct because the file name contains a "?".

Checking in the above location reveals that the file name is actually "Oasis-(What's the Story) Morning Glory_L.jpg". The "?" is replaced by an "_".
    Totally correct. Forgot a call to SanitizeFileName() there :oops: Fixed for next GMA release. I'll release some test builds shortly.

Sadly it's not just "illegal" characters causing the incorrect file names. Compilation albums also seem to generate incorrect coverart paths too even if they are correctly displayed within MP itself. Not really sure why? Perhaps you have an idea what might be going on here. If there's anything you can think of that I might have missed please let me know (I'm more than happy to test anything :)).
    Well, we generate the coverart filenames ourselfs because MP doesn't save them in the database. Our current algorithm has some differences with the algorithm MP uses to generate the covertart filename, which results in this kind of errors. I've synchronized ours with the one from MP for the next release.

If not do you think it might be more reliable to return the path to the album itself and use "folder.jpg" instead? I guess that might be what aMPdroid does as its "Now Playing" screen shows the coverart for these albums (as long as you stop playback between songs ;)).
    That won't help for users who disabled the folder.jpg files (like me).

(btw, it's a bit confusing that you use another unrelated thread for your problem. Please open a new thread for further problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom