Albumview, Plugins, Shares - don't work! (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Oxan,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about the thread issue. When I first posted I just saw Album view not working and thought "hey this is an album view issue" but you're totally right. Won't happen again :sorry: and :sorry: to Fafnir.

I look forward to testing the new release. Thanks for the great work you're doing with this.

Cheers,

Mick

PS I found problems with share view while testing in the office today but I don't have these issues at home. Once I've investigated further I'll start a new thread.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That makes it look a lot like a network or firewall issue. Do you have any firewalls besides Windows Firewall enabled?

I have not installed an additional firewall. But could that be an issue not from the firewall but from an antivirus application that monitor network traffic? I will disable firewall and antivirus application, then test again and step by step enable both firewall and antivir to see the effects.

OK, by now I am in the office and have to test it later on. But do you think this will be helpful? The artist view in aMPdoird works fine...

In the meantime: is there something I can do that puts GMA into a verbose logging state?

Another point that I wonder about: Shouldn't aMPdroid show the logos of the TV channels? It doesn't do it, despite the fact that I have given all the pathes in the config file...Maybe this is part of the problem?

Best regards and thanks @ all for the participation to solve this issue.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have not installed an additional firewall. But could that be an issue not from the firewall but from an antivirus application that monitor network traffic? I will disable firewall and antivirus application, then test again and step by step enable both firewall and antivir to see the effects.
    It shouldn't but I'm not really familiar enough with antivirus applications to say for sure.

OK, by now I am in the office and have to test it later on. But do you think this will be helpful? The artist view in aMPdoird works fine...
    I know, but it is to test whether or not it's a network problem or a GMA bug. The 'page cannot be found' message usually means that the host is down, refuses the connection or times out. If the GetAllArtists works that rules out the connection problems.

In the meantime: is there something I can do that puts GMA into a verbose logging state?
    You can increase the loglevel in NLog.config in the installation directory (change minlevel="Debug" to minlevel="Trace"). It doesn't produce very much additional output though.

Another point that I wonder about: Shouldn't aMPdroid show the logos of the TV channels? It doesn't do it, despite the fact that I have given all the pathes in the config file...Maybe this is part of the problem?
    As far as I know this was a bug in TV4Home or aMPdroid which is already fixed but not yet released. If it's in TV4Home I'll see if I can do a new release with the fix.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, Oxan.

I checked as you said:
    The output is a collection of all (can't count it though ;)) artists that are in my music database.
    May I post the out put?

Regards Fafnir

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, that's interesting. Can you send me a copy of your MediaPortal.xml file and your MusicDatabaseV11.db3 (or V12 if you use MP1.2) file? (In a PM is fine too).
    :D

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Oxan.

Let's see if this is helpful for you to find the source of this "wierd" problem, as you call it.

I must admit that I have no idea what that could be...BTW: Firewall and anti virus software disabled had no influence. Could have been so easy!

Best regards and have nice evening. Thanks for this plug in anyway!

Regards Fafnir :D

Somehow I was to blind to see where to attach a file to a pm...

Attachments

• MusicDatabaseV12.rar
      2.4 MB
    • MediaPortal.xml
      36.5 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Fixed the album view bug for the upcoming GMA bugfix release. The problem was that one album didn't have an artist and GMA didn't like that.

I can't reproduce the video share bug however. From the logs it looks like you still use Windows XP. Have you tried changing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml in C:\Program Files\GmaWebService\config.xml? Then it should work. I'll see if I can implement automatic detection for the next GMA release.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Albumview, Plugins, Shares - don't work!

Fixed the album view bug for the upcoming GMA bugfix release. The problem was that one album didn't have an artist and GMA didn't like that.
    :D

I can't reproduce the video share bug however. From the logs it looks like you still use Windows XP. Have you tried changing C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml to C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml in C:\Program Files\GmaWebService\config.xml? Then it should work. I'll see if I can implement automatic detection for the next GMA release.

Was no bug...I didn't see that this wasn't the correct path - I didn't see it at all, because otherwise I might have had the idea myself :oops: :D
    I can see the shares! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom