All channels same (1 Viewer)

357bob

October 10, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi all. Hope to find a simple answer. Finally got webepg grabber working but the 4 channels I have set up all show the same program. The .xml shows the 4 different channels in both sections but all 4 channels return the same results? Any ideas?
Thanks

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    it would help if you'd give more information about the problem you are seeing and upload your www_imdb_com grabber file and tvserver log files.

its easy to make a simple typo in the grabber file, so as a simple sanity check use a web browser (firefox, chrome, IE) to open the file (just drag grabber to browser window) and make sure the browser can open/read the complete file. if the browser doesn't open the file then MePo will also have problems.

as an experiment, start the tv server config program, goto the Manual Control page and do a "stop service", wait till stopped, then "start service" to restart the tv server. goto the WebEPG > Mappings page and verify you see the correct channel mappings for your 4 channels. Then in WebEPG > General, set GrabDays = 2, press "save", then "grab now" to get 2 days of EPG for your 4 channels.

make a zip file and upload the www_imdb_com and Tv Server log files. See the following message for more info about log files
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118424/

357bob

October 10, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. here is a screen grab
    Untitled_zps3930e27b.jpg.html

I've opened the file in a web browser and all appears OK.
    Hope the file attachment works OK
    . Thanks for the help

Attachments

• www_imdb_com.xml
      2.2 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Looked at your grabber file and the problem is caused by the changes to the "Site url" lines in your version. I modified the 4 channels to remove the channel numbers from the siteID so they just have the channel IDs from imdb and restored the "Site url" line from the original version of the grabber. With these changes the grabber finds 4 different sets of channel/EPG data. The only changes you should make to the grabber file is add "Channels" with the needed mapping pairs and add your zipcode. The other grabber lines should not need changes. See the attached file for my update.

You can use this grabber version and add the channels you need using these 4 lines as a reference. Hopefully this gets you up and running.

Attachments

• www_imdb_com_84302.xml
      1.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom