Alternate title problem (1 Viewer)

Patego

Portal Member
July 8, 2006
Portugal
Hello,

I have this really annoying problem with Moving Pictures. I want the title of my movies to be in their original language, but using the imdb scrapper, I'm getting translated titles to Portuguese.

Is this an imdb issue (because I'm in Portugal) or some kind of configuration? Aside from my keyboard layout, all my configurations are set to the English language, what's going on here?

Thanks!

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Yup, same problem here. Except i have all settings and even display language set to Slovenian. But is there any way to force IMDB to display titles in English?

Patego

Portal Member
July 8, 2006
Portugal
I made some further research on this issue, and it seems that the problem is caused by the imdb itself. Using the Opera browser I could activate the "Turbo" feature that basically uses a proxy somewhere in Europe, in my case it connected to a proxy in Poland.

Went to imdb and tried a simple search, "Alien", the result was "Obcy - ósmy pasazer Nostromo". I only assume this is the polish name for "Alien". So I guess this is a imdb problem then!

Buzzie

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am also having this alternate title problem.

some movies are using the Dutch name instead of the English one.
I thought my Dutch version of Windows 7 was acting up so i installed the English one but even then its showing some Dutch names.

Has anyone tried it with the latest 1.0.8 version of MovPic??
Or MovPic team is there a way to override this alternate title stuff ??

thankss

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    I just installed 1.08, same problem.
    I tried renaming every "www.imdb.com" instance in the imdb.xml script to use "akas.imdb.com" instead to hopefully force english titles, that didn't work.
    If you register an account on imdb you can set english titles as an account option, however the importer script (afaik) doesn't support login sessions :-/

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm back from a little break, so I'm going to see if I can recreate the problem via foreign proxies. If anybody knows any that will allow me to recreate the problem, then please PM me one. I should be able to find some Asian movie otherwise that even on the American imdb.com GeoIP version will get me something to test the scraper with.

GillBates

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    It's a "feature" of imdb now... check this thread, where practically every user hates it. Maybe they'll revert it seeing all that feedback, but in the meantime apparently searching on akas.imdb.com might fix it.

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Same problem here!
    I hate translated names for the movies.
    I test "alien" from imdb.com and get translated name and in akas.imdb.com display original name.
    can someone fix this please!

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom