Alternate title problem (1 Viewer)

Zapp

Portal Member
November 14, 2007
South-West
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I might be wrong here but to me it looks like akas.imdb.com will still show the original title of the movie.

For me in Sweden I get two diffrent results from:
Code:
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0167261/
Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167261/

/Jonas...

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Yes, just someone needs to change imdb url from www to akas.

Are scrapers saved somewhere in editable form?

Patego

Portal Member
July 8, 2006
Portugal
Hi,

I just changed the IMDB address for akas.imdb.com and now it works as it should! All the films have now their original name. I couldn't find the scraper script though, had to download a new one from the forum. Anyone knows where the original one is?

For those of you who don't know how to change the scraper, just go to: Importer Settings, and switch the data sources to manual, disable the current imdb scraper and add a new one. There's a tutorial in the wiki about this.

Thanks all!

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Thanks for the tip, Patego.

I downloaded this scraper

Opened in Notepad and changed all www.imdb to akas.imdb.

Now it pulls the English titles again :)

I attached the file if anyone wants it and the steps to change the scraper:

To replace the scraper go to Moving Pictures configuration --> Importer settings --> Manualy Manage movie data sources

Click Movie details data sources, select imdb.com and on the - sign select Disable selected data source.
Then on the + sign select Add a new data source and select the new changed imdb scraper.
With the arrows move the new imdb.com scraper up to the first position.

Attachments

• IMDb v2.0.1.xml
    15.7 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Using the akas. instead of www. does not work for every movie, foreign movies for example are then shown in their foreign title. That is why this was not used for the official scraper as a solution. What does work is using the direct IP of an American server, for example: 72.21.214.36

But for the official scraper it was decided this was dangerous as well, because if Amazon ever decides to change the IP or there is maintenance on that single server, then the scraper stops working fully.

So what is being worked on right now is to use the information from the 'AKA' subpage and retrieve the English title, which is present in about 5 different formats. This requires a lot of extra code, so it will take a little bit of time.

The impatient users can use your akas scraper, or edit it with the 72.21.214.36 IP for a better version, but anyday now the real fix will be made available.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Hmm... I made two new files. So in the Movie Details Data Source list I had:
    1. imdb.com IP 2.0.1
    2. imdb.com akas 2.0.1
    3. imdb.com 1.5.5

I thought, if it dont find the IP 72.21.214.36, it will continue to imdb.com akas 2.0.1.

But when it uses "imdb.com IP" that have 72.21.214.36, it gets the localized name (so it don't work).

So, for me, only akas.imdb.com works OK. So now I only have:
    1. imdb.com akas 2.0.1
    2. imdb.com 1.5.5

Btw, thanks mat123 and Patego!

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Me to i have the same problems.. Hoping a new scraper will come in a soon to be update to moving pitures :)
    So we can get this annoying thing sortet out :)

:D

BadSectors

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Has this been opened as an issue in the bug tracker?
    Afaik trwtf is that movies are sorted one one title (english) but another title (local) is displayed; a bug that was previously hidden because of how imdb worked. Updating a scraper might hide the problem, but i guess that if you wanted localized movie names this would happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom