Alternative OSDs for Blue Two (1 Viewer)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i like it very much too, i hope you don't mind that i dared to add a little transperental effect to let it match with the rest of my osds and dialogboxes where i also added some transperency:

zosd.jpg

by the way. why can#t i just replace let's say osd_bg.png? i've had to copy the file, make the changes and save it as osd_bg2.png and then replace all the osd_bg.pngs in every .xml with osd_bg2.png ???

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    remove the packedgfx*.* files from the skin directory, those are "cached" version of the GFX created on the first skin load. All the GFX are stored in one single file so access is much faster.

So updating process is :

Change a skin element
    Remove the packedgfx*.* files from the modified skin directory
    Start MP
    Enjoy :)

BTW Thanks james, this looks amazing !

Hopppp Schwiiiiiz !

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    smnnekho said:
    i like it very much too, i hope you don't mind that i dared to add a little transperental effect to let it match with the rest of my osds and dialogboxes where i also added some transperency:

zosd.jpg

by the way. why can#t i just replace let's say osd_bg.png? i've had to copy the file, make the changes and save it as osd_bg2.png and then replace all the osd_bg.pngs in every .xml with osd_bg2.png ???

Will you share you changes with us, please? :D

Regards
    Ralph

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    James,

looks ver nice! :D
    can it be, that the OSD is the other way round the other BlueTwo OSDs are?
    The grey border should be up and the transparent border should be at the bottom of OSD?

Regards
    Ralph

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Ralph,

IT will not look good that way. The golden rule of framing something is aways make the bottom a bit bigger then the top and sides.

/James

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    James said:
    Ralph,

IT will not look good that way. The golden rule of framing something is aways make the bottom a bit bigger then the top and sides.

/James

Don't know if I get it right?
    I just would like to point out that the grey border in your skin is at the bottom and in BlueTwo's OSDs it's on the top.
    zap-osd1.jpg

snap011.jpg

snap010.jpg

Does this mean we should change all OSDs from BlueTwo?

Regards
    Ralph

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Ralph,

Idealy yes. If I had the time I would redo a version of all the B2 OSDs. However, at the moment I just live with a bit of a mismatch. As the Zap OSD was the one I found most lacking without a channel icon and the proportions for me were wrong. It is also the OSD I see the most ;)

However, I provided the PSD file, so if you would like to change this please feel welcome and post your results here. It would be a very simple operation to just rotate that layer 180 degrees.

/James

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!
    I'm about to change the OSD as well to contain the EPG's Star Rating.

I'm also thinking about adding an option that allows to switch between a remote-user's OSD without controls and the normal one.

Does somebody like to help with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom