Alternative OSDs for Blue Two (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Inker said:
ummm

is this an actual screengrab (because the backgroudn is black). also the timeline and time seems to far down....

time and videotitle should just show up. weird. Do they show when you press (y) (information bar)? Maybe its your screen resolution? Running Overlay or VMR (I onyl tested in in VMR)?

Inker

I´ve got it. it just works in VMR.
the timeline and time seems to far down because I use larger fonts.
(I think that is the reason)

thanks for your help.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    good :)

always weird when you release something and people get these weird errors you can't reproduce, drives me nuts ;-)

hehe, anyways, thnx for your feedback

A

Anonymous

still I have a question. :oops:

when I use Media Portal on my montor the OSD works perfectly now.
    but to use it on my TV I have to use the overscan mode (ask ATI why..).
    so the bottom of the OSD ist cut off.

how can you move the OSD a bit upwards?
    is there something like a "position-y= 520" or else I can try to change?
    could you tell me what I could try to change?

thanks in advance :wink:

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    in the MP-settings-screen calibration you can configure and move the OSD to wherever you want. In there you can also compensate for overscan in general, so that the movie doesnt get cut off.

Hope this helps
    Inker

inspectorgadget

December 8, 2005
    well, I know this thread is quiet old, but I have another question concerning this alternative OSD.

I am now using the RC1 of 0.2 and it works fine but for 2 exceptions:

1. when I replace the OSD, which appears when I press the "Pause" button,with the alternative it just is there permanently.(when movie is started the alternative OSD is always on the display.

2. this point concerns the "other" OSD, which can be displayed without pausing a video. The title is not given, when I watch a movie. If I go back to the movie list screen with having the movie continue to play in the left bottom corner and then return to full screen mode -> then the title is shown.

I hope my problem is understandable, it is quiet hard to give a very complex description in a non-native tongue.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    inspectorgadget said:
    1. when I replace the OSD, which appears when I press the "Pause" button,with the alternative it just is there permanently.(when movie is started the alternative OSD is always on the display.

I think this has to do with quite a bit having changed in the skinning engine in the meantime. I would suggest taking a look into the currend OSD.xml and seing whats different. I think it just needs to be placed somewhere different. If I find the time sometime this weekend I will take a look at it. No promises though.

inspectorgadget said:
    2. this point concerns the "other" OSD, which can be displayed without pausing a video. The title is not given, when I watch a movie. If I go back to the movie list screen with having the movie continue to play in the left bottom corner and then return to full screen mode -> then the title is shown.

If I understand you correctly, then this is a known bug in RC2 which has in the meantime been fixed (I think) in one of the CVS. Nothing you can do except upgrade to a CVS version.

Hope this is of help to you.
    Inker

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

I've made a new zap OSD for Blue Two, that I use. I changed the proportions, and took the white glass effect from the main home and put it on the OSD.

zap-osd1.jpg

Anyone who's interested the files are here:

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/webepg/Zap-OSD.zip

Cheers,

/James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom