Tools and other software Alternative to passkey lite? (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Is there an alternative to dvdfab's passkey lite for bypassing bluray encryption for watching bluray discs in MP?

It's been OK for me up to now, but lately passkey lite can't bypass certain newer discs, and a popup appears telling me ill need the full version to play that disc.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also looking for alternatives here...
    Would it be possible to buy nero 12 platinum and use their blu-ray player in MediaPortal?

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've installed passkey lite maybe a year ago now and with this software it has been possible to watch a Bluray with Mediaportal. But now passkey lite doesn't seem to work anymore. I get this popup message telling me i'll need the full version to play that disc. But the interesting point is: this Bluray that doesn't work anymore is a test Bluray that worked since the last year without any problems. The other interesting thing is: Windows explorer does still show the content of the Bluray disc but I can't play the Bluray anymore.

olli14

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    @olli14

I was getting this which is why I started the thread. Bluray lite will still work, but every time you reboot you have to click on the 'enter registration key' button(or similar) leave it blank and then start passkey lite.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @olli14

I was getting this which is why I started the thread. Bluray lite will still work, but every time you reboot you have to click on the 'enter registration key' button(or similar) leave it blank and then start passkey lite.
    Great. I will try. On my htpc I only use hibernate so probably I don't have to click on the 'enter registration key' button every time my htpc starts.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Correct.

Out of interest, why do you use hibernate rather than standby/sleep? USB comms cant wake a computer from hibernation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom