Alternatives to AnyDVD HD? (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll give that a try, also I still believe I have one or two .iso blurays on disk and can use Virtual Clone Drive to mount them so can let you know how that goes too.
    I spent a couple of hours this morning on this and need to clarify and confirm my findings but essentially it seems to be working. After enabling the MakMKV intergration option and disabling the external player in MP, inserted BD disks would play either from MP or MPC-BE though the delay before playback was noticibly longer than with external PowerDVD 18 player. Also .iso's mounted either in native Win 11 or via VCD (whether mounted manually or atomatically from Moving Pictures) also play.:) Unfortunately playback of inserted 3D disks did not switch the TV into 3D mode even though Madvr was in use. Strangely playback of 3D .iso's did play in 3D mode both from MP and MPC-BE.
    I will continue testing and try a few different settings and report back any differencies.
    Any thoughts on the 3D problem would be much appreciated.

UPDATE:-
    Note the test PC here has MP 1.34 x64 installed.;)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy protected disc" every time!:confused:
    Neither VLC nor MPC-BE on this PC will play inserted BD disks also, though a very ancient version of PowerDVD does.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom