AMD e-350 For client and server (2 Viewers)

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx for the kind assistance !

your ram was less than 1333? single channel or dual channel (twin module kit)?

I just increased the RAM speed from 1066 to 1333 and that brought a drastic improvement. Dropped frames went down to 3, jitter goes back to 4.
    E350 chipset supports only single channel RAM, that's for sure a bottleneck.

Changed LAV setting to "DXVA2 copy", making things worse. Will now try to use SAF6 and PDVD12 to see if it brings an improvement. Will report, if anyone is interested.

Regards
    /Gerd

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Go into bios and see if you can increase the video core frequency from 500 to 550/600. That will also help (but less than increasing ram 1066->1333).

For h264 codec you can experiment between
    LAV, PDVD8->12, FFDSHOW(DXVA), CoreAVC(DXVA off), CoreAVC(DXVA on), MPC, MicrosoftDMO (Win7), Total Media

If all your movies are 720P, then if you run your display as 1280x720, you will also see a performance improvement (and will not notice any drop in quality).

You can also get a performance improvement, by setting up MePo to use MPC-HC as external video player.
    Use MPC-HC, and set the following preferences:

Output
    EVR Custom Renderer (Vita,Win7,Win8) vs. VMR9 Renderless (XP)
    [X] D3D Fullscreen <- important
    [X] Reinit display

Fullscreen
    (only enable these options if you want to use MPC-HC's refresh rate changer, you could experiment with just using the built in MePo refresh rate changer, but for initial experimentation I would have them both set to disabled)
    [X] Use auto change...
    [X] Apply default monitor...
    [X] Restore resolution...

Keys
    You can set this up so you can still use your remote during the movie

^ test the above settings outside of MePo and see if they work well for you.

Last edited:

fyx

Portal Member
    March 28, 2006
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Interesting,
    It took me a while to get the e-350 to work ok but once i did things are great. I did a windows 8 install last year and so long as i set dxva on it plays everything pretty good.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Aquarius - oh btw, you need to use DXVA (native), not copyback with the onboard video. Copyback will grind that gpu to a halt as it doesn't support fast copyback.

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx all,
    @Kiwi...., yes I use DXVA (native). As said above, "DXVA copy" made things worse.

Please allow a couple of days to test.

Best regards
    Gerd

Last edited:

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    here is a first test result.
    I followed "kiwijunglist" advice and tried PowerDVD13 from the SAF-6.21 package.

First result was that HD is now running with reasonable CPU load of around 30%. So DXVA is obviously working with PDVD134. Still some
    frames are dropped, but very few only.
    Drawback is that picture quality of PDVD13 is significantly worse compared to LAV 0.56. I will go on testing to get some more details.

So overall conclusion up to here is that AMD E350 is able to play HD contents.
    Thanks to all for the help !

Best regards
    Gerd

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Glad you got things slightly better. Should be able to get zero frames for progressive video with that gpu, surprised you are still getting some frame dropping. Is the picture nice smooth, if it is not good enough you can bump up your GPU freq in bios from 500 to 550 or 600, and also in MP Config: General increase process priority to 'above normal'. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but from memory when I had a 780G chipset which struggled with MP bumping the process priority did seem to help.

Last edited:

itkroplis

Portal Member
    May 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi all!

I have a HTPC with E350 (gigabyte MB, 8GB RAM, SSD HDD 32GB, Win 8.2 x64).
    CPU ir overclocking to 1700MHz,RAM 1333
    MediaPortal 1.7RC + USB DVB-T + MDAPI plus.
    Installing SAF 6.2.3 and optimized hardware decoding.
    Play 1080p video ~36% CPU with VLC; ~50% CPU with WMC
    Play 720p video ~17% CPU with VLC; ~25% CPU with WMC

Run Mediaportal. DVB-TV is not turned on. CPU is 40% !!! for mediaportal app.
    Enable TV and TV servise is ~15%
    Together CPU is ~75%

It is possible MediaPortal reduce CPU voracious? Any additional load, begins to freeze the video stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom