Not open for further replies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm asking because i'm looking to buy a used android phone (cheapest possible) to use just with ampDroid (pro).
    Can you recommend a minimum resolution ?

Why don't you have a look at Huawei Ascend G300 (new), that is very cheap, 480x800, 1Ghz, runs ampdroid fine. I used to have a u8150, and honestly there would be no point trying to use that with ampdroid. If second hand I'd look at a second hand Galaxy S1.

Last edited:

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a problem streaming my movies, tv series and music, all of which are on my QNAP NAS.

I have changed the MP Extended service to run under the windows domain account (which is also the same as the Samba account) but no go..

Any ideas?

EDIT : found the answer in another thread - had to change from mapped drive to UNC paths in Moving Pictures plugin etc..

I have had trouble streaming from my FreeNAS system using a mapped drive letter too, how do you do what you mentioned above?

MrGibbage

Portal Member
    October 15, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have aMPdroid up and running on my Nexus 7. Ports forwarded and everything seems to be working pretty good. I will buy the pro version shortly.

One nitpick: I have two clients set up. One with my local ip address for when I am in the house, and one with my external host name. The problem is with switching profiles. One the tablet, the switcher is part of the action bar, right next to the three-dot menu button. I can tap and tap and tap on the client drop down spinner, but it flashes the menu so fast that you can't hit one of the choices. I tried about a hundred times before I was able to get it. Essentially, using multiple client profiles just isn't usable at this time because of it.

Other than that, it seems pretty solid. I will stress test it with a full movie very soon. :)

Skip

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a problem streaming my movies, tv series and music, all of which are on my QNAP NAS.

I have changed the MP Extended service to run under the windows domain account (which is also the same as the Samba account) but no go..

Any ideas?

EDIT : found the answer in another thread - had to change from mapped drive to UNC paths in Moving Pictures plugin etc..

I have had trouble streaming from my FreeNAS system using a mapped drive letter too, how do you do what you mentioned above?

Unfortunately it is still not working - I am getting an error saying no connection to server. I have used the qr code from mpextended and tried with both authentication on and off. The remote part via wifiremote works ok.

I have also been getting a mediaportal force close on boot after changing the paths to UNC instead of the mapped drive, but it is usually ok if I close and reopen mediaportal (although the start bar for windows is missing).

Any ideas??

3dgreek

Portal Member
    October 11, 2012
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    THis may have already been answered and probably a quick fix but I haven't the time to go through all 35 pages to check.

Streaming of everything works great bar TV- it stops after 10-15 minutes or so, I can just click play again and it starts no probs. I'm guessing this is some sort of issue with the timeshifting file but I have no idea what.

Any idea?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country

Any ideas?

Unfortunately it is still not working - I am getting an error saying no connection to server. I have used the qr code from mpextended and tried with both authentication on and off. The remote part via wifiremote works ok.

I have also been getting a mediaportal force close on boot after changing the paths to UNC instead of the mapped drive, but it is usually ok if I close and reopen mediaportal (although the start bar for windows is missing).

Any ideas??

What I had to do was ensure that my Windows username and password were the same as the NAS user name and password, otherwise it failed.

Try that..

(The windows admin username and password)

Last edited:

Injected

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    can somebody help me pls? i get no connection with mpextend. wifiremote works, i can use it as remote but have connection errors if i want to look up the series section and so on. in the troubleshooting area i can open the lan links to the service. works. i also added the settings with the qrcode.

somebody? :)

//Edit:
    Wifiremote gets also the series names and so on. Got no clue why mpextend is having problems.

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    One thing I have noticed..

I have a single seat machine running MP. The movies are stored on a QNAP. If I stream a movie from the QNAP on the Nexus 7 running Ampdroid Pro, then the live TV on the single seat server becomes a little glitchy (not huge, but still annoying). The processor in the single seat server is a Intel E8500 so should be plenty fast enough? Also, I use a SSD for the TV buffer.

Anything I can look at or optimise to eliminate the stutter? I should also say, it is streaming 1080p content to the Nexus 7, and I use Dice Player as the media player. The streaming on the Nexus is perfect and smooth. It is just the live tv on the single seat MP server that becomes affected.

Thanks!

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i guess it has something to do with the player, i am using vplayer and no problems at all. I used also my milestone phone which has not the best hardware but it runs smooth.

€dit: sry i dont streamed hd content

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom