aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there a separate setting somewhere to access MP via mobile network? Within my home network, I am able to connect and stream movies but from 3G I cannot connect to the server. I even tried completely disabling my Windows firewall but that did not help either.
I can only recommend to setup a VPN if your router allows that. So much easier!

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
Is there a separate setting somewhere to access MP via mobile network? Within my home network, I am able to connect and stream movies but from 3G I cannot connect to the server. I even tried completely disabling my Windows firewall but that did not help either.
I can only recommend to setup a VPN if your router allows that. So much easier!

What's the advantage of that? It will be a lot difficult accessing VPN on phone than just streaming video via ampDroid.

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I use VPN for other purposes too so I had to set it up anyway. After that you can keep the settings of aMPdroid for WAN & WLAN

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the great plugin it's working fine here, it took me a couple hours to figure it all out.

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I must admit i did not read all 33 pages, so if this question has been asked before just shout on me. ;)

Do i alway need to transcode streams on the fly or could i pass through any stream for devices able to handle
    that stream, wo/ transcoding?

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I must admit i did not read all 33 pages, so if this question has been asked before just shout on me. ;)

Do i alway need to transcode streams on the fly or could i pass through any stream for devices able to handle

For live TV, you can view the RTSP stream without transcoding, but for other video it's always transcoded at the moment. I think the http streaming mentioned a few posts back is intended to solve that, but I could be wrong, that's just my interpretation from a couple of comments here and there.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

For live TV, you can view the RTSP stream without transcoding, but for other video it's always transcoded at the moment. I think the http streaming mentioned a few posts back is intended to solve that, but I could be wrong, that's just my interpretation from a couple of comments here and there.
    With the upcoming MpExtenden 0.5 and aMPdroid 1.1 you will be able to also use a "direct" profile, which doesn't transcode the files. This will only work good with external players (e.g. mxplayer) though since the internal video player in android is extremely pick when it comes to supported file formats for streaming.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Should be really nice to see some progress on this.. I keep asking: (getting still no response :() why not adding gestures??????? Touching buttons to control MP is very frustrating sometimes and I never use it because of that.. You have to look to the screen of your smartphone to see wich button you press. I want to keep watching to my television! So gestures would be very welcome.. The iPhone app does that, but that app doesnt have support yet for MPExtended.. So I really like to see the best of both worlds!!
    Gestures aren't really high on my todo list because
    a) it's a lot of work (all the gesture recognition is hardcore stuff once you go past simple up/down/left/right)
    b) android phones/tablets will never be able to replace a hardware remote control with buttons, you just can't replace the haptic feedback. Where aMPdroid is much better is when it comes to browsing the stuff you have on the device and then select/play/show the items on MediaPortal. This is on what aMPdroid is trying to focus on.

That said I think it might be a nice feature some day...

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    DieBagger,

So it this app still in development ?

Also, I have an issue accessing my library from outside the network. Everything works from within the network but from cellular network, I cannot connect. I have opened all the respective ports in my firewall and also in the router and it still does not work. Any suggestion?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    DieBagger,

So it this app still in development ?
    Sure it is...

Also, I have an issue accessing my library from outside the network. Everything works from within the network but from cellular network, I cannot connect. I have opened all the respective ports in my firewall and also in the router and it still does not work. Any suggestion?

You obviously made a mistake somewhere but it's hard to guess since every router/firewall is different...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom