aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Funny how users came to expect to get lifelong updates for apps they paid next to nothing on the mobile (even for 0.49 apps), while they accept paid updates for desktop software where they paid much more... ;) But that's quite OT...

Actually it's not really OT. If you were to get to ampdroid version 2.0 you might well charge again for it. There are a few apps around that go on sale separately as a new app when you get enough of a feature jump. There's plenty you could do with ampdroid from here (if you want to torture yourself further :p) and I wouldn't expect to get a version with 2x the current features as part of this purchase.

I know nothing about mediaportal 2. Perhaps it will require a fair bit of work to get amproid to work with that. You could be justified in calling it a new app if you develop one for that. I wouldn't see any problem with either of those scenarios.

Desktop software is a whole other story... there are some scams there. Sure they're usually far more complex than a mobile app but not always and calling something version 3.0 and charging for it when it's really 2.1 is dodgy. I'm glad that kind of thing is frowned on in mobile apps.

With the full support I wasn't talking about lifelong app updates so much. I really meant ensuring timely bugfixes to coincide with any mediaportal changes and providing support to paying users as an obligation rather than a favour which it currently is now. That's the way many people tend to see it anyway.

Perhaps not totally on topic but it relates to "going paid". And letting you know if you put out some dazzling new version down the track with a bagful of features I'll buy it again. I know it doesn't pay for the time you've put in but getting paid for your "hobby project" (kinda) is a good way to keep your interest going. :)

edit: I will buy it when google play lets me.... Currently spitting out some errors I've never seen before. "The item you were attempting to purchase could not be found". Might just have to wait a bit.

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is definately crashing :) with Android error message.
    Find the logs of my tab attached.... thx!
    that's a strange log, will try to make some sense out of it... What android device/os are you using?

I am running Android 3.1 on a Galaxy Gab 10.1 (7500), the forbidden one (in Germany) :)

FIXED!
    I tried a complete fresh install, unistalled Ampdroid completely and reinstalled V1.0
    Now everything is working like a charm.
    I guess it might be an update Issue from the alpha Version ? My device was set on auto update...

However, donation on the way. thank you!!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    that's a strange log, will try to make some sense out of it... What android device/os are you using?

I am running Android 3.1 on a Galaxy Gab 10.1 (7500), the forbidden one (in Germany) :)

FIXED!
    I tried a complete fresh install, unistalled Ampdroid completely and reinstalled V1.0
    Now everything is working like a charm.
    I guess it might be an update Issue from the alpha Version ? My device was set on auto update...

However, donation on the way. thank you!!
    Strange, however that might explain a few strange errors the crash reporting tool is spitting out... ^^

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great work! Version 1 alpha was dysfunctional on my HTC Sensation with ICS rom. Will test this version tonight.

Question:
    If I purchase an Android tablet with HDMI-out support, will aMPdroid allow me to use the tablet as some kind of MePo client? Will I be able to watch movies/series on a connected TV with subtitle support? Either .srt or merged in MKV?
    And what about sound? What sound quality will a tablet be able to output through HDMI (stereo/DTS)?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great work! Version 1 alpha was dysfunctional on my HTC Sensation with ICS rom. Will test this version tonight.

Question:
    If I purchase an Android tablet with HDMI-out support, will aMPdroid allow me to use the tablet as some kind of MePo client? Will I be able to watch movies/series on a connected TV with subtitle support? Either .srt or merged in MKV?
    And what about sound? What sound quality will a tablet be able to output through HDMI (stereo/DTS)?
    Subtitles are possible yes, not sure what kind of subtitles MpExtended supports. Sound quality depends on your tablet, you can tweak video/sound quality in MpExtended streaming profiles.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, I want to give a try to 1.0 final. Until now with 0.8 beta I have all functionality working properly, I mean live TV, recorded TV with seeking function, Movies, remote, etc. My phone is a Galaxy SII with GB 2.3.6.
    Now the question: It is necessary to uninstall GmaWebservice/Tv4Home to test 1.0. or Just install MpExtended [URL='https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webservice-mobile-access-537/mpextended-service-0-4-a-103873/']Service [/URL]on my computer and ampdroid 1.0 on my phone. I want to revert the situation as easy as possible if 1.0 does not work so well as my current configuration.
    I will buy pro version this is the best android application for me.

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi DieBagger,

First of all, Thanks for developing this app.!!!

I am having trouble with the following.

1) EPG only shows the channels but not the guide. I can see the guide in MP. Is it because I am using 4TR?
    2) Is there a list of ports that I should open in Windows?
    3) Is there a guide on how to access aMPdroid from the internet (outside of LAN)?

I will buy this app for sure once I get the basic stuff set up.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, I want to give a try to 1.0 final. Until now with 0.8 beta I have all functionality working properly, I mean live TV, recorded TV with seeking function, Movies, remote, etc. My phone is a Galaxy SII with GB 2.3.6.
    Now the question: It is necessary to uninstall GmaWebservice/Tv4Home to test 1.0. or Just install MpExtended Service on my computer and ampdroid 1.0 on my phone. I want to revert the situation as easy as possible if 1.0 does not work so well as my current configuration.
    I will buy pro version this is the best android application for me.

You can install both backends on the same machine...
    1) EPG only shows the channels but not the guide. I can see the guide in MP. Is it because I am using 4TR?
    Not sure, do you see the epg in WebMP?

2) Is there a list of ports that I should open in Windows?
    4322 for MpExtended and 8017 for WifiRemote

3) Is there a guide on how to access aMPdroid from the internet (outside of LAN)?
    You just need to forward the ports on your router, that however is very much router-specific (ask google for instructions).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Subtitles are possible yes, not sure what kind of subtitles MpExtended supports. Sound quality depends on your tablet, you can tweak video/sound quality in MpExtended streaming profiles.
    With the VLC profiles MPExtended supports both external and embedded subtitles. Subtitle support in ffmpeg is broken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom