aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

npbhdk

June 2, 2011
i have a similar problem as asagala, if i try and list tv series while mediaportal is open it wont list anything and mptvseries in mediaportal on the pc breaks untill i restart mediaportal on the pc. it can list and stream stuff just fine if mediaportal is not running.

More info about the issue, it is not mediaportal thats causing the issue, it is the scan that mptvseries does when u start, during the scan u cant list the shows, after it finishes it works fine.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's because MP-TVSeries uses an ancient SQLite library, which doesn't support opening a database in two programs at the same time. Not much we can do about that, our patches didn't make it in the MP 1.2 release unfortunately.

npbhdk

June 2, 2011
    replacing the sqlite dll in the mediaportal program with a newer one from sqlite.org seemed to fix it seemed to work :) no issues in mediaportal so far when i replaced it heh :)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    How do you set up Ampdroid in a Server+client setup?

I have installed mpextended on both computers, and get retrieve data from Client(Moving pictures, mp-tvseries etc.), but I cannot connect to TV-server

How do you set this up?

/Morten

Ayindi

Portal Member
    December 1, 2011
    Hi,

bought Ampdroid Pro yesterday and played around with it. Works really nice, but I have a usage question:

If I select the Music tap and start playing something I know that I can slide up the bottom bar to get the player controls. Unfortunately, I can just pause music (or whatever is currently playing) and not really stop it. This will prevent my HTPC to go into standby. I have to turn on the TV and "fix" it using the regular control possiblities. Would be great if I could handle this just with my smartphone. I know there is a "additional commands" menu item, and I think I have seen a "stop" command in the preview release (not sure), but with the final release I have never seen any commands when using this item.
    I would suggest to add a "stop" button in the "player control swipe up bar"

Also channel up / down buttons for the remote should be added (there is enough space, I think)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

bought Ampdroid Pro yesterday and played around with it. Works really nice, but I have a usage question:

If I select the Music tap and start playing something I know that I can slide up the bottom bar to get the player controls. Unfortunately, I can just pause music (or whatever is currently playing) and not really stop it. This will prevent my HTPC to go into standby. I have to turn on the TV and "fix" it using the regular control possiblities. Would be great if I could handle this just with my smartphone. I know there is a "additional commands" menu item, and I think I have seen a "stop" command in the preview release (not sure), but with the final release I have never seen any commands when using this item.
    I would suggest to add a "stop" button in the "player control swipe up bar"

Also channel up / down buttons for the remote should be added (there is enough space, I think)
    Regarding stop: Try to long-press pause... ;) It's a bit of a hidden feature, but a series of short youtube videos (did-you-kow) is on the way for showing some of these features.

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    replacing the sqlite dll in the mediaportal program with a newer one from sqlite.org seemed to fix it seemed to work :) no issues in mediaportal so far when i replaced it heh :)

Thanks for this idea, but when I replace the sqlite.dll with the newer one downloaded from sqlite.org, MP configuration throws an error when I try to start it. Not that big problem for me if this workaround does its job (still have to test further), cause I don't start the configuration very often and one can change the file back if you need to get into MP configuration. But it's far away from being user friendly. I think to get it clean we must wait for the MePo developers to include the newer sqlite.dll. Maybe in 1.3? Anyone any information available?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks for this idea, but when I replace the sqlite.dll with the newer one downloaded from sqlite.org, MP configuration throws an error when I try to start it. Not that big problem for me if this workaround does its job (still have to test further), cause I don't start the configuration very often and one can change the file back if you need to get into MP configuration. But it's far away from being user friendly. I think to get it clean we must wait for the MePo developers to include the newer sqlite.dll. Maybe in 1.3? Anyone any information available?
    That's even planned for 1.2.3...

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How do you set up Ampdroid in a Server+client setup?

I have installed mpextended on both computers, and get retrieve data from Client(Moving pictures, mp-tvseries etc.), but I cannot connect to TV-server

How do you set this up?

/Morten

Mate it depends on how you plan to use it. Are you planning on using it as a remote control for the client or to stream tv to your device?

If you want to stream tv to your device you will need to connect to the server to have it stream directly to your device. if you plan on using it as a remote control then you will need to setup the client to connect to your client as well.

Hope this makes sense? :)

Cheers

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Diebagger
    First, thank you for this new Ampdroid 1.0 Final.
    Everything seems to work fine on my 7” Samsung galaxy tab, except for 2 minor issues.
    1. In “music” when selecting a “non-album artist” (from an album with various artists) I get no album.
    2. In remote when tablet is in horizontal screen-mode, the blue home-button is placed on top of the arrow down-button.

But on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (android 4.0.3) I have a strange problem.
    In “MUSIC” When selecting an artist I get the text “loading albums” with the rotating symbol, and no matter how long I wait nothing happens. But if I tab on the rotating symbol, the albums comes immediately.
    It worked on the old version Ampdroid 0.8.
    Can it be a difference between the free version and the Pro-version, because it works OK on the 7” Tab with the Pro-version.
    Or maybe it is the new android 4.0.3?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom