DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi guys,

I realize that there haven't been much updates about what's going on with aMPdroid... There has been another (hopefully the last) major rework in the MpExtended/aMPdroid architecture, which is now getting close to being ready for a test release...

It'll still take a bit to put the finishing touches on it so we can release it, but I thought I'd share a few of the new features with you here.

So, here's three new features that will come with aMPdroid 1.1:

Recent items
    Shows your new items (movies, tv episodes, recordings) right on your homescreen.

screen_20120919_1518.png screen_20120919_1539.png screen_20120919_1617.png

Views
    Thanks to the new powerful filtering framework in MpExtended, it's now easy to have different views. For now there are a few predefined views (actors, genres, by year, by letter, recently added, just aired,...), later on you might even be able to create your own.

screen_20120919_1519.png screen_20120919_1548.png screen_20120919_1550.png

Redesigned video player
    screen_20120919_1607_2.png screen_20120919_1608.png

That's it for now, hope you liked the small teaser...

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice too see the next step is near :)

one question, what is the difference between movies and videos? i remember, ampdroid will open the same to me, my moving pictures database...?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    nice too see the next step is near :)

one question, what is the difference between movies and videos? i remember, ampdroid will open the same to me, my moving pictures database...?
    One is MovingPictures, other is MyVideos

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi,

thx for the infos.
    will there also be updates for the remote function ( more buttons , ...)?

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    I have a question: now with a Samsung galaxy S2 with ICS 4.03 and aMPdroid 1.0.1 i'm not able to use the internal video player, it hangs, so i have to use an external one that works, but i have the problem that i can't select a concrete minute in the playerbar. Will internal player work for ICS (i don't know if the exposed problem is only mine) or will we be able to select the minute we want using an external player? Thanks for the info and for your really hard work. I appreciate it a lot!

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Nice to see an update - Have been waiting for this for quite some time, and hope to see some nice progress- Great Project.

but never got the hang of Ampdroid/Mpextended - It has the potential to be great, but it needs basic simplicity & stability.

Primary: Have never been working on my old or new Smartphone(HTC Hero & Huawei honor). Playback basically don't work.
    Second: Does not work out-of-box in multiseat setup
    Third: Keep installation simple! (Download, Scan for Host, Connect......all features WORK.........no need for Bonjour, external player etc. :) )

Connection in Multi-seat setup
    How to do this!? Does it need to install 2 x MPextended and 2 x Mediaportal Clients?

QR Scan
    Has always been working, although default Authentification is not the same as in MPExtended

Add host - options is bit confusing
    • Mac-adress - Is this a "must" to fill out?
    • Use authentification - not enabled by default, but MPExended is by default setup with Authentification(admin) - Should be the same
    • Advanced settings....too many options.......GMA/TV4home......does these even apply any longer?
    Scan option is not working at all in my end - Probably because of Bonjour service not being installed? Any way of including this functionality in MPextended/Ampdroid? (Mediaportal have in general WAY too many installers:-( )

Playback through Wifi
    • All FFMPEG crashes internal player
    • Even VLC Low playback is very choppy, and ends up crashing playback
    • RTSP - Needs external player..........just forget it about it or include Default player in AMpdroid!
    GUI
    Only have TV feature working "out-of-box" in my multiseat setup, so will keep to the TV screen
    Manuel Control
    • Basically useless? You have option to start timeshift and Recording - but why not just have that option in EPG?
    • You can only see status for Active TV-cards, but not Available cards - This is actually a nice basic feature.
    • Suggestion: Should be renamed to Status, and free cards should be shown.
    EPG
    • Missing TV logo in Multiseat setup
    • Text is flickering if Program Name is long(reaches screen edge)
    Channels
    • Again Missing TV logo
    • Text on Vertical Screen mode is aligned on 4 lines (On a 4 inch) screen - does not look good.
    • Short click shows channel EPG - I prefer this to be direct streaming by default!.......If I wanted EPG, i have entered EPG Menu or have this a long click option
    Basically I'm excited to try the new redesign video player..........Hope to see some smooth playback :)

Hope fully release 1.2 will support multi-seat setup "out of the box"

Keep up the good work guys:)

/Morten

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Diebagger, this looks fantastic and I am really excited. This app is amazing and you sir, are the man.

Will be eagerly waiting for this new release. The recently added views look brilliant and for me round off this app perfectly.

Thanks
    ay129

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Cool, look forward to trying it out :D I hope it fixes the home problem I had been having, where the home button on the ampdroid remote doesnt take me to basic home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom