aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: aMPed 3.3 beta - pre-aMPed for MP 1.2.0 beta -RELEASED

From the email reply you sent Guzzi July 1 CC to me.

quote:

"I also added some sort of “status display” – it is already used in online scanner:

#myfilms. Statusmessage

It is empty, if nothing is in background active – and shows “global update active” if the updater is running.

By conditions, it would be possible to have an indicator in the skin to show, updater is running.

Maybe something like adding a shade somewhere – not so intrusive …"

Maybe i misunderstood this.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

No you did not misunderstand, you are just ahead of the game! LOL

I have been thinking about what to add for the updater status/running. We have not even decided what to do in the Default skin yet. Any suggestions? aMPed will be the acid test as there is so little space on 4x3 with 18pt font!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

I like the watched, online, trailer indicators, i would suggest just adding one for update in progress.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yep I had the same idea - possible 'update in progress' icons (which already exist in aMPed):

Update | Action | Alert (red/yellow):

update.png extension_action.png tvguide_recordconflict_button.png tvguide_notify_button.png

I did think about a small 'wait' icon but it doesn't really tell you what is happening.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

which one? LOL (I think my pref. is update icon but I am afraid users will think it means an update is requried) I can even 'spin' an icon if you want :p

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

The extension_action.png makes me think update in progress.

Also added optional watched title color change in My Films to issue tracker list.

EDIT: The default skin also changes the color of the watched movies title in My Films.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Ted, the fixes for My Films - for watched color on titles and for Update in progress icon (the extension_action.png rotating) are in SVN.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country

Hi Ted, the fixes for My Films - for watched color on titles and for Update in progress icon (the extension_action.png rotating) are in SVN.

Cool Thanks Dadeo.

Update in progress icon is working on all "Layouts", seems like it should be on the right hand side of the screen by the watched indicator to me though.

Watched color on titles seems to be working on all "Layouts" except "List" please adapt this fix in "List Layout" also.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Update in progress icon is working on all "Layouts", seems like it should be on the right hand side of the screen by the watched indicator to me though.
    The icons upper right apply to each film while the global filter and action icons (like update in progress) display upper left. I think it is helpful to make this distinction. I realize if you don't use any filters it may look a bit lonely there on the left by itself. I have unwatched filter set in Setup, so for me the unwatched icon is on the left as it applies to all films.
    Watched color on titles seems to be working on all "Layouts" except "List" please adapt this fix in "List Layout" also.
    It is working fine here in List Layouts as well. The title text at the top centered is white even for unwatched films. If you mean in the list itself, yes it is still the played color as many users had requested that previously. In aMPed 3.4 you will be able to select text colors, including the played color, in the theme editor. I think it is a better long term solution as everyone seems to have a different preference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom