aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Hi pur_berger, thanks for the feedback

I do have plans to increase the resolution of aMPed for v3.4 to scale down to 4x3 instead of up to 16:9. However, it requires a lot of changes, so I hope I get the time! It would be really helpful if you could post some screenshots/examples showing the cases you referred to, as there may be several issues. When I do it I want to make sure I catch them all. I assume you have your thumbnail quality set high? I found that made a difference, especially in aMPed. Might help in the meantime.

It is a 'legacy' issue ;) aMPed was originally designed for 4:3 so upscaling it to today's widescreens is not ideal. Yes, there still seems to be many users with 4x3 screens on older client PCs, PC monitors, and TVs. Even on smaller TFTs it is not easy to read the font sizes many skins use from more than a metre away. I want to continue to support the minority, as there are already many gorgeous HD skins to choose from for users with HD widescreens.

If you could post a screenshot of Teletext for me that would be great. I can't use it here and I have to skin it 'blind'. If I can see the issues I can probably fix them pretty easily.

Thanks again

Dadeo

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Cool - THX for your answer - I'm going to collect a number of screenshots for you.

Best Regards

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Here we go - as I have a Touchdisplay too don't get confused by the small Area :) As you see the Icons are not very sharp (coverflow bottom). Generally I think the problem might be to change all the preview windows to 16:9 - to fit the current screen. But as I can't code at all - no idea what's possible and what not.

What I have just seen is that the scrolltext in the Previewwindow (when you have the TV window in the Home menue) the Chanelname drops out for one letter of the frame - the name of the brodcast is OK.
    The MiniEPG could be a litte wider to show more text

Best Regards

Attachments

• CoverFlow.jpg
      CoverFlow.jpg
      504.8 KB
    • TV-Menue.jpg
      TV-Menue.jpg
      402.1 KB
    • teletext.jpg
      teletext.jpg
      402.6 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi pur_berger - Ok let me make sure I understand correctly

When you referred previously to the quality of the gfx you meant the logos/icons at the bottom? Yes they are not very good and I am working on a few new sets with higher res. But that is not entirely a resolution issue - it is because I am not expert at gfx! I keep trying to get someone to help, but no luck yet!

TV/Video Preview/Overlay - I do plan to try and improve those - and can make them 16x9 - it's just really hard to find space on 4:3 screens without making them so small they are useless. Main TV window should be no problem though.

You are correct about scroll text. It is a known bug in MP See Mantis Issue 0002899 - on Roadmap for 1.2.2 - which is why many skins don't use that in Overlays but I have to for larger fonts/smaller screens.

What did you want for the teletext screen?

Yes the MiniEPG will be wider in 3.4 :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Sorry - I meant the icons and the CoverFlow pictures. maybe it's just my imagination - but I have the feeling that with StreamdMP the coverflow seems to have a better quality.

In terms of teh Scrolltext - What I ment was that the Chanel Name drops out of the frame with one chrakater and the content Text is fine (stays within the border) - not the fadeeffect.

Because of the teletext - didn't mean anything :) just provided a Pic how it does look like. On my screen at least it's big enough and as I don't know what options there are with the teletext - no idea what is possible there. i have asked in another forum (feature request ...?) if it is possible to split the screen so you have one half Teletext and one half the TV picture - but as this would only make sense on a big screen I don't think it would make sense on your skin ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Sorry - I meant the icons and the CoverFlow pictures. maybe it's just my imagination - but I have the feeling that with StreamdMP the coverflow seems to have a better quality.
    I'm sure you're right, as I said before, at present aMPed is scaling up so it makes sense. But I am glad you mentioned the icons/logos because they are a separate issue.
    In terms of teh Scrolltext - What I ment was that the Chanel Name drops out of the frame with one chrakater and the content Text is fine (stays within the border) - not the fadeeffect.
    I'm not sure what you mean and I can't reproduce it here, so unfortunately I have to ask some more questions. Sorry for that. Is the issue displayed in your screenshot in the previous post? Since you refer to the 'frame' I assume you mean the Channel name beside the play/pause button? And by 'drops out of the frame' you mean it scrolls past the left border of the frame? I am guessing you mean only when TV is playing since otherwise you won't have a channel name? Is it the same in TV Guide when TV is playing (it uses a slightly diff overlay)? Perhaps I just don't have any channel names long enough to see the issue. But if I get some more info I might be able to reproduce it and fix it.
    Because of the teletext - didn't mean anything :) just provided a Pic how it does look like. On my screen at least it's big enough and as I don't know what options there are with the teletext - no idea what is possible there. i have asked in another forum (feature request ...?) if it is possible to split the screen so you have one half Teletext and one half the TV picture - but as this would only make sense on a big screen I don't think it would make sense on your skin ;)
    Cool idea! And thanks for the screenshot. You mentioned before "some points which don't fit perfectly (Teletext for example)", that's why I asked, but AFAIK that is how it looks/works (I have no real clue though! LOL)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

So - here you go - but this is only happening at the playerwindow in the homescreen.

Appart from the fact that of course there is something mssing left and right because of the 4:3 Format

Attachments

• Window.jpg
      Window.jpg
      48.5 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks - found it. I was right, none of my channel names were long enough to see it. Can you do a quick fix for me to confirm?

1. Open common.mediaoverlay.xml (using any text editor, even notepad) in your skin\amped folder
    2. In the very last control in the file (the one with <label>#TV.View.channel</label>) change the <width>140</width> to 130
    If that works for you I can change all the cases where it applies and commit to SVN so it will be in aMPed 3.3.2. If it doesn't quite work, you can try reducing the width a bit more till you get what does. I think 130 should work, but you never know if any channels have 'special' characters in the name.

Thanks for catching that!

EDIT: I also can't duplicate your issue with the TV image being cut off, in the skin it is set to retain aspect ratio of your original video/tv signal so I am not sure why that is not working. Do you have a 4x3 screen? Can you check in the Default skin (4x3) and see if you have the same issue (aMPed uses almost the same code).

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

so ... did what you have asked for ...

First - no - I have a 16:9 Display. Tried the Default skin and it maintains teh Aspect Ratio as expected. In your skin the small videowindow is always 4:3.

Changing the value to 130 helps. But now I have something interresting for you :)

It seems as it displays different lines in the second scrolline (Sendername - Program - Time). The first only contains the SenderName. So - the First Line is cut off one letter behind the second at teh same and te third again one behind ...

Cannel:...ISendername__I
    First:.......I_SenderName_I
    Second:...IProgram__I
    Third:......I_Time____I

Hope it's clear what I mean

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

One more for you: In the statusbar on the top when playing video you have right hand side a grey area to put things like "II Pause" in - it seems as this is alignet to the left - shouldn't this be centred?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom