aMPed 3.5.0 beta (for MP 1.3.0) released [Oct 22, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For those testing MediaPortal 1.3.0 alpha, there is now a beta version of aMPed 3.5.0 available for download ONLY via Google Code: aMPed-3.5.0.beta.mpe1

For the current stable release - and all the latest changes/updates - see the thread aMPed 3.4.0 (for MP 1.2.x) released [Oct 22, 2012]

Note: This is a beta/test version. The main changes from v 3.4.0 are compatibly with MP 1.3.0 alpha - only some new features have been integrated so far.

For TV Guide genre colors, you may now select 8 or 10 line genres as your TV Guide layout in aMPed Config. The default 8/10 line versions display the 'standard' aMPed TV Guide, and settings are preset to disable colorization for those, or enable the default colors for the genre versions.

Happy testing :p

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Latest fixes are in SVN (3.5 branch) for:
    • Trakt 2.2.0 (Seasons and Episodes lists, MyFilms categories)
    • TVWishList v 1.3.0
    • Moving Pictures rating dialog
    • FTR 1.7.0 (especially Recorded TV and Radio, Upcoming TV and Manual Recording)
    • World Weather 6.5 - added support for 5 custom calendar days
    • File menu dialog
    • Full screen teletext
    Once all the fixes have been tested and verfied, I will release 3.5.1 with the fixes included.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Dadeo ... I know you have been swamped with MP 1.3 Beta stuff ... was just wondering if there is an ETA on Beta compatible aMPed or does current SVN work sufficiently well with Beta... I really don't want to change what the wife sees on the main HTPC/TV Server while I play with Beta on the client.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah it's on deck - I just need to skin the new GUI settings - but in fact everything else in SVN works fine as far as I have seen so far (only had to change the version number in References.xml). So my plan is to do the settings and release 3.5.1 as soon as I get a chance! Working on the switch to Joomla 2.5 for our HP plus My Films 6.0.2 release as well. Why does everything have to come at once, and on top of Christmas to boot? Guess what I want for Christmas? :p

Then next step after 3.5.1 is to implement all the great new skin features for 1.3.0 - so you can switch themes, settings etc within MediaPortal. I'm excited to see what cna be done, and dying for time to try!

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's a qualified yes ;) - updating SVN will work but not if you build and install aMPed.
    Then you must change the version number in all the references.xml files in main skin folder and Font Sizes sub folders from 1.3.0.0 to 1.3.0.1

I have not tested every possible option/window/plugin yet, but everything looks good so far.
    Testers can certainly try and provide feedback but I would recommend most users wait a short while until I can update SVN properly and provide an mpei installer for testing aMPed 3.5.1 in 1.3.0 beta.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    When I updated from SVN I had to resave my aMPed settup before it registered in True4:3 (it started up in widescreen). But everything I use .. except for a couple plugins I needed to updated from MP 1.2.3. worked just fine. I sure miss Last.FM - gonna have to pay to play.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good to know - thanks guys! Chuck - IIRC that is 'normal' re setup - aMPedConfig will restore your settings when you open and start MP from there, but default settings (i.e .those in main skin folder) in SVN are set to the same that you get when you press restore defaults in aMPedConfig - i.e. 16x9, 15pt, aMPed theme, fanart layout.

re Last.fm - me too, and I am already a 'subscriber' - using RadioTime these days but it's not as selectable and I really miss the 'scrobbling'. At least that still works in Music Now Playing ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Dadeo, are you going to add the new Comskip Markers in the Timeline MP feature when you finish the version for 1.3b?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom