aMPed 3.5.0 beta (for MP 1.3.0) released [Oct 22, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In the MP settings screen, the xml files are missing:
    "Missing or invalid file:C:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\amped\settings_gui_skin.xml"
    and so on.

Regards,
    Bas
    Yep none of them are there yet - I am done, except for mini display settings which I can't figure out how to enable! But you will have the skin xmls in SVN hopefully tomorrow.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    screen size 16x9
    font 12p
    10 line genres guide[DOUBLEPOST=1356090233][/DOUBLEPOST]
    In the MP settings screen, the xml files are missing:
    "Missing or invalid file:C:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\amped\settings_gui_skin.xml"
    and so on.

Regards,
    Bas
    Yep none of them are there yet - I am done, except for mini display settings which I can't figure out how to enable! But you will have the skin xmls in SVN hopefully tomorrow.

Ok, thanks!

Did you see this one as well?
    Found an issue in the tv guide...
    I have setup all the colors in MP configuration as mentioned in my previous post and now they are gone...
    This happened after changing something in the amped setup.
    To be sure, I did a quick setup in MP configuration again and then went back to Amped setup to just change a button and saved it. After opening MP again, the colors are removed again.
    So it seems that Amped is removing the tv guide color setup.

By the way, in which xml file are these colors saved? Then I can make a backup of this file.
    I eddit the message after you read it.....

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re Special > Series - I think what you want is the EPG Genre configuration? In 1.3.0 beta this is now done in TV-Server so it applies to all clients. Check out the EPG Genre Map in wiki under What's New for 1.3.0 and let me know if that helps!

Hey!
    No luck on this one. Looking for hours now in XML files and try to find anything in the WIKI, but no luck.
    I did see something in the mediaportal.xml file. It mentions something about the genremapping, but I see no relevant things in there.
    Do you have any idea where the names of the genres are changeable?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you check the link to 'TV Guide' on the EPG Genre Map wiki page:
    MediaPortal genre names may be changed by clicking into the name to access text edit mode. Any genre name may be used and the name entered into this list is displayed in the TV guide when the skin displays the genre color map key or uses the MediaPortal genre name in the program description (e.g., for the highlighted program in the guide). Localized MediaPortal genre names are possible simply by entering the MediaPortal name using a localized character string.

Select one of these genres to view the Mapped Program Genres (those defined by your EPG provider).
    More Details on that wiki page

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Did you see this one as well?
    Found an issue in the tv guide...
    I have setup all the colors in MP configuration as mentioned in my previous post and now they are gone...
    This happened after changing something in the amped setup.
    To be sure, I did a quick setup in MP configuration again and then went back to Amped setup to just change a button and saved it. After opening MP again, the colors are removed again.
    So it seems that Amped is removing the tv guide color setup.

By the way, in which xml file are these colors saved? Then I can make a backup of this file.
    I eddit the message after you read it.....
    As I said in the first post in this thread:
    For TV Guide genre colors, you may now select 8 or 10 line genres as your TV Guide layout in aMPed Config. The default 8/10 line versions display the 'standard' aMPed TV Guide, and settings are preset to disable colorization for those, or enable the default colors for the genre versions.
    So your colorizations may still be there/saved.
    The settings are stored in the SkinSettings.xml file. In aMPed\Layouts\TV Gudie there are four sub folders: 8 lines, 8 lines genres, 10 lines, 10 lines genres and each has a SkinSettings.xml.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    SVN updated for 3.5.1 beta - for MP 1.3.0 beta
    Keep in mind this is a beta/pre-release ;). It should be fully functional for 1.3.0 beta, however it is still WIP as I implement more of the new skin features.

In addition to the fixes I posted previously, SVN now includes:
    • 1.3.0 beta compatibility
    • New Settings in MP
    • Support for Argus 2.0.1
    • My Films 6.0.2
    • fixes for plugin logos in Video start popup and OSD

So @Reg @Lyfesaver74 @TLD @2BitSculptor @vuego @pilot_bas @Trigo @bkv and anyone using MP 1.3.0 beta and willing to test and give feedback:

Checkout:
    for Skin files ONLY: http://amped.googlecode.com/svn/branches/3.5/skin
    to build installer: http://amped.googlecode.com/svn/branches/3.5

For more details: see Using aMPed SVN

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV guide color genres are not working any longer after updating to aMPed-3.5.1.1891.

In fact installing aMPed-3.5.1.1891 has broken TV guide color genres in all skins.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - yes I can confirm the issue, although I did not change anything in TV Guide/EPG Genre settings since 3.5.0 for MP 1.3.0 alpha, it seems there were changes that altered the SkinSettings.xml format. Why that should affect all skins beats me, but it does - you don't even get the color tab in Config :confused:

In any case, should be fixed now in SVN. I am still working on the Comskip Timeline - any suggestions how I can test that here? (Comskip won't work on my recordings - must be something to do with Indian broadcasts :rolleyes: or else I don't know what I'm doing ;))

@pilot_bas - I also moved the genre map up below the guide. So if you enable it, description is smaller (2 lines instead of 3). Did you figure out how to rename genres yet? You just go into TV-Server config, DVB EPG Genre mapping, click on the genre name and edit it. The issue with saving your settings is more complex. I have to figure out some way to get MP to recognize that aMPed supports multiple versions and save your changes to the correct folder. For now, when you make changes, be sure to save SkinSettings.xml to the aMPed\Layouts\TV Guide folder (either 8 or ten line genres sub folder depending which you changed). Please bear with me as I try to figure out how to get MP to support everything that aMPed does already ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well the colors can be remapped to the guide, but what i don't get is why the default skin has lost it's color even though the colors are still showing in MP configuration.

The good news is that after reconfiguring the TV guide color genres in MP configuration for aMPed they have reappeared in all skins.
    The channel and group color which should turn to the color selected in MP configuration when that channel and group is selected doesn't appear to work though.

I have a great working comskip setup if you would like to try it i can upload the whole folder. and all you have to do is point the comskip launcher in TV server at comskip.exe in the folder

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When did you upgrade to 1.3.0 beta? Were EPG Genre colors working in Default or other skins before you installed/upgraded aMPed? Or did you upgrade to aMPed right away?

Yes your comskip folder would be helpful - how big is it? :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom