An unusual EPG problem with Schedule Direct

Discussion in 'Electronic Program Guide' started by GlamRockCowboy, December 6, 2016.

1. GlamRockCowboy

GlamRockCowboy Portal Pro

Retired
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    With the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor now very close at hand, I naturally checked the program schedule of my local public television station to see if they had a documentary scheduled on the subject. Both the station's own program schedule and TitanTV indicate a 90-minuite documentary will be broadcast at 11 PM CST. HOWEVER, Schedule Direct, the EPG I normally use with MP 1, does not show this program in its listings at all! Instead, it shows a series of 1-hour documentaries on different aspects os Pearl Harbor, but not the more comprehensive 90-minute special listed by the other two schedule listings!

I have repeatedly attempted to update the EPG, but without success. As a result, I am now resigned to watching the program live, and triggering the recording manually. Oddly enough, however, a later program from the NOVA series, entitled, "Bombing Hitler's Superguns," does in fact show up in all three program listings, and I have set that program to be recorded automatically..Any comments or suggestions as to how to correct this seeming anomaly? After all, a problem such as this greatly reduces or eliminates the most useful feature of a program such as MP!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,193 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Without meaning to skip out on responsibility, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with MediaPortal. We have no control over the content of guide data provided by SchedulesDirect. Therefore unless you can explain why you consider this to be an MP problem, I can only suggest you contact SchedulesDirect. They have a forum, and they also have a contact facility (note the comment about lineup support) associated with their website.

4. GlamRockCowboy

GlamRockCowboy Portal Pro

Retired
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I have indeed contacted them, and given them the needed information. Sorry if I inquired in the wrong place, but I've never encountered this kind of problem before, and I felt I had to start somewhere! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,193 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No need to apologise. I hope you find the SD support team receptive and helpful. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!